Windows 10: Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...

Discus and support Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hey there, i got a problem with a dual screen setup. when i boot my computer and turn on monitors my 2nd monitor doesnt stay on. he usualy turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Smallfoe, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Smallfoe Win User

Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...

hey there,

i got a problem with a dual screen setup. when i boot my computer and turn on monitors my 2nd monitor doesnt stay on. he usualy turns black. then i gotta turn em off and on again like two times before he stays on. when he stays on i can hear a very silent peep sound commin from somewhere. since i got somewhat bad hearing i cant tell where it is commin from. last 2 days the monitor also started flickering for a few seconds.

Since i couldnt find anything on the web and dont know what is making the monitor do that, i figured i would ask you guys here *Smile

So here is what i did so far. I checked graphic drivers and the connections. nothin changed. *Sad

Thx in advance for the help...

Best regards

Graphics & Monitor Info: Gigabyte 970 gtx & SyncMaster 226bw
    [edit] i hope thats the right forum section to post at, if not feel free to move the topic as you please <3

:)

Smallfoe, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Electroll Win User

Screen saver problem.

Hello, after opening task manager at the black screen, the black screen disappeared and I was unable to find
    LockAppHost.exe. (The black screen was supposed to be the screen saver!)

Afterwards, I tried to run DISM Commands but I was unable to enter the 2nd command. (I was unable to key in the commands).

Screenshot

Lastly, I ran the SFC scan and after the scan was completed, the screensaver still turns fully black......Help please.

Electroll, Aug 14, 2016
  3. 2nd screen black after upgrade 12/11/15?

Hi

I have a new AIO plus a 2nd monitor. After the upgrade on 12/11/15 I now have a dual screen display with only half visible, as the 2nd monitor is black. I tried restarting the computer, but made no difference. The only info I am finding suggests having to
    reinstall the display driver, which seems rather drastic for a new computer. Any ideas? I work from home and the dual monitor is essential to my work.

SueMarshall, Aug 14, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Check monitor's menu, some have own power saving mode.

CountMike, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Smallfoe Win User
    im afraid not *Sad

posting monitor andc graphic card info on the first post.

Smallfoe, Aug 15, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    What graphics card do you have?

swarfega, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Smallfoe Win User
    Gigabyte 970 gtx .. as mentioned in the first post *Smile

Smallfoe, Aug 15, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

It might be the power saving feature in Windows 10.

Go to settings app
    type power in search and select first option
    Change the Screen option to never.

swarfega, Aug 15, 2016
  9. Smallfoe Win User
    it worked but i dont trust it xD i will test it a few days if it keeps working until i close this post. if the problem comes back i will post here again.

thanks for the help.

Smallfoe, Aug 15, 2016
  10. Check all your cables and make sure you don't have a lose connection somewhere. How old is this monitor? It could be failing? Can you try it on another PC to see if the issue moves with it?

alphanumeric, Aug 17, 2016
  11. Smallfoe Win User
    I did check the cables, no lose connection there. I believe the monitor was made 2007, i dont remember exactly. Not sure if it is failing, this is the only issue i got since a few weeks out of nowhere, without any warning. Sadly i dont have another computer i can try it on *Sad

Smallfoe, Aug 18, 2016
  12. If it's a desktop PC, swap the monitor cables around and see if the issue moves to the other monitor. If it moves to the other monitor its likely a video card or video cable issue. If it stays it's likely an issue with that monitor.
    Is that monitor HDMI? If yes, do you have a cable box that uses HDMI to the TV? If yes again, you could connect the monitor to your cable box and see how it works there.

alphanumeric, Aug 18, 2016
  13. Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ...

pillboxhunter, Aug 19, 2016
  14. CountMike New Member
    You can check if the problem is back light. Shine a light from an acute angle to the screen and look from similar angle but from other side. If you see any kind of the picture, even faintly, that means back light is bad.

CountMike, Aug 19, 2016
  15. Smallfoe Win User
    sorry i didnt reply until yet .. im not at home this weekend and will return monday. gonna go trough all your posts and let ya know what happend.

thanks for all the help.

!

Smallfoe, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... - Similar Threads - Dual screen issue

2. Dual screen, Cursor movement only in the 50% edge of 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual screen, Cursor movement only in the 50% edge of 2nd screen: Dual screens - In the second monitor, only from the upper half exactly 50% above of the edge, I can move the cursor from the second screen to other. Even if I change the screens from 2nd to 1st it is the same. In the lower half, it hits the edge like there is a barrier,...
  3. Dual screen, Cursor movement only in the 50% edge of 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual screen, Cursor movement only in the 50% edge of 2nd screen: Dual screens - In the second monitor, only from the upper half exactly 50% above of the edge, I can move the cursor from the second screen to other. Even if I change the screens from 2nd to 1st it is the same. In the lower half, it hits the edge like there is a barrier,...
  4. Dual screen, Cursor movement only in the 50% edge of 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen turns black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black: Hello, there. Starting today, the screen of my laptop turns black, while playing a game through PS2 simulator which is a fairly heavy program. The game is fun for some time, but after some minutes it starts to get laggy. It slows down more and more until the screen turns...
  6. Screen turns black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns black: Hello, there. Starting today, the screen of my laptop turns black, while playing a game through PS2 simulator which is a fairly heavy program. The game is fun for some time, but after some minutes it starts to get laggy. It slows down more and more until the screen turns...
  7. Dual Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Screen Issues: I'm running Windows 10 on my old Dell Inspiron laptop. I have an Asus monitor hooked up to it via HDMI and changed the settings so I can dual screen side by side. Lateley, when I open up my laptop, the display on the Asus is just fine, but the background and all my shortcuts...
  8. Screen turning black

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turning black: Every now and then when I sign in to my laptop inserting pin code and the screen turns black and nothing works and I have to turn off the laptop by the power button and turn it on again. Windows 10 OS build 19041.388 I would really appreciate your help....
  9. Screen turns black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turns black: I can be on my laptop then all of a sudden the screen would turn black and it will stay like that. Or when it is in hibernation mode I can't wake it up. I have a Acer Es1-533-c3vd is runs on windows 10. For example I can be writing an email then, a light will flicker and...
  10. screen turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turned black: composing email screen turned black win 10 hotmail outlook---anyone know why & if I should do anything about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/screen-turned-black/f3795471-fd6a-4f6a-81d1-468ce905e7c8