Windows 10: Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10

Discus and support Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have recently encounter this problem , my system just won't detect my second monitor after I have reformatted it. I have researched about it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Skyler, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Skyler Win User

Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10

I have recently encounter this problem , my system just won't detect my second monitor after I have reformatted it. I have researched about it and tried many methods of solving it but it just wont work. during the start up my second monitor will show the BIOS and when I reach the log in page it will just go off and no matter what I do it still won't detect it. I have updated my graphic card ( GTX 980 ) to the newest version (372.54). I have confirm that both monitors, graphic card and the graphic card's port are all working fine.

Please advise.
    Help Appreciated
    Thanks in Advance

:)

Skyler, Aug 21, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Dual Screen Function Lost

I have lost the function (driver) for Dual Screens with Windows 10 on my laptop. I would like a fix for this problem . Thx

Michael Gilstrap, Aug 21, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

hows your connections? what does it say when you check the display properties? might be an resolution or Hz issue behind it, but as I have no idea what your cablings are, it goes to a guessing game. and guessing game aint good for helping

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Are you set to "Extend"? Windows Logo key *Start + P > Extend. Is the second monitor shown in Settings > System > Display?

alphanumeric, Aug 31, 2016
  6. Skyler Win User
    I have tried everything, checking the driver(updated), display properties, and changing the Hz. I have attached the device manager pic for my display and my monitor is still connected to the cpu(always).

Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10 [​IMG]

Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10 [​IMG]

Skyler, Sep 4, 2016
  7. batlhilz Win User
    you didnt happen to plug your other monitor with HDMI-to-DP -method? as in HDMI out from gtx -> DP in on monitor?

if so, that wont work. only DP-to-HDMI works, not the other way around

batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016
  8. davefaz Win User

Another thing, instead of looking at the windows configuration, have you looked at the NVIDIA setup, through the NVIDIA Control Panel? That also has a "Setup Multiple Displays" that may well work if Windows is having a fit. It also has a "My display is not shown" option for troublesome situations.

davefaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dual Screen Problems

2. Dual screen problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual screen problem: Hi I have set up a dual screen on windows 10 latest updates with two sony monitors. I am using Premier Pro on it but the problem i have is that when i pull a panel across to screen no 2 and click on it. It disappears but if i click on the task bar on number one it re appears....
  3. Dual screen problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual screen problem: Hi I have set up a dual screen on windows 10 latest updates with two sony monitors. I am using Premier Pro on it but the problem i have is that when i pull a panel across to screen no 2 and click on it. It disappears but if i click on the task bar on number one it re appears....
  4. Problem with dual monitor screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with dual monitor screen resolution: In Windows 10 with a IntelR Hd Graphics. Both are identical hp monitor with same 1920 x 1080 native resolution. When I extend the display, for some reason both monitors take on the primary monitor's native resolution, leaving black bars above and below the work area on the...
  5. Dual screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual screen problem: I am using two identical monitors via dvi & hdmi. Occasionally when I move a window (or tab from Chrome brower) from monitor 1 to monitor 2 maximising by dragging it to the top, top part of the screen becomes black and cannot see or click anything in top part of the window....
  6. dual screen problem with windows 10

dual screen problem with windows 10: I facing this annoying problem. Any help is highly appreciated. My machine is a dual boot machine. I am running Windows 10 along side with Ubuntu. I am, most of the time, working on Windows and rarely switching to Ubuntu currently at least. I am running them on dual...
  7. dual screen problem with windows 10

dual screen problem with windows 10: I facing this annoying problem. Any help is highly appreciated. My machine is a dual boot machine. I am running Windows 10 along side with Ubuntu. I am, most of the time, working on Windows and rarely switching to Ubuntu currently at least. I am running them on dual...
  8. Windows 10 HDMI & DVI Dual Screen problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDMI & DVI Dual Screen problem: Hello guys, just upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 yesterday, since then I have been experiencing a problem of my Dell U2414h not able to display anything on startup without turning it off and turn it back on, meanwhile my Dell 2007FP has no problem displaying stuffs. I made a...
  9. Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.: Hi all, I had Windows XP on my hard drive for a long time, created a separate partition and installed Windows 10. (both 32 bit). Windows 10 is working fine, it set up the dual boot menu where I can also select Windows XP ("earlier version of Windows"). Problem is, in...
  10. Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem: I have a dual boot system that had been working fine until yesterday. Now when I go to boot Windows the grub menu shows "Windows Recovery Environment (loader) (on /dev/sda3)" This leads to a window splash screen that last for about 10 second and then I get a black...