Windows 10: Duh leted a user account when it was still logged security issues

Discus and support Duh leted a user account when it was still logged security issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I deleted (or duh leted long story) a user account when it was still logged in (I know I know stupid). I have a folder that was created by this user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fixer32, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Fixer32 Win User

Duh leted a user account when it was still logged security issues

I deleted (or duh leted long story) a user account when it was still logged in (I know I know stupid). I have a folder that was created by this user with thousands of files in it. Found the user in the registry using regedit (see attachments). If I delete the user in regedit will all the users permissions go away so then can I just delete the folder. I cannot do it right now and when I try to edit permissions or inherit permissions or replace child object permission entries I get errors when the permissions are trying to change so that does not work either (see attachments).

Thanks in advance

:)

Fixer32, Apr 4, 2016

2. Your Microsoft Account Needs Attention

Still getting 'Your Microsoft Account needs you to sign in again' despite having created local user account as per instructions above. That said, I am not logging in to my computer using this new local user account (I want to use my MA for
    security).

If the solution to this issue is to use my local account account when logging in, then I hardly think this is the solution I was after. As I say, I want to use my MA to log in.

Nick Birbeck

01392-203974

NickBirbeck, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Program Permissions for Roommates

That also did not work. I changed everything to full control for all users. But when I log in to their account, it still asks for the password. Furthermore the changes I made to the security settings have reverted, but if I log back into my main account
    the changes are still there.

ForresttBandell, Apr 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Deleting the user account in the registry won't change the file permissions. I would try taking ownership of the folders/files with the exact user account you are logged in to as administrator, not just the administrators group. If that doesn't work, you can try booting the computer a live Linux USB/DVD and attempt to delete the folders/files through Linux.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Fixer32 Win User
    Thanks, that worked as soon as I inherited and replaced all child object permissions. Now how do I delete the account that is no longer there?

Fixer32, Apr 5, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    search for netplwiz and run it as administrator. Is the account you want to delete there?

Also open an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt and run:

net users

Does the account show up there? If so then:

net user username /delete

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2016
  7. Fixer32 Win User
    The user is not listed in either one just in the registry it was in some of the folder security options users

Fixer32, Apr 5, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If you want, then you can delete the registry entry - but the user account is gone.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Duh leted a user account when it was still logged security issues - Similar Threads - Duh leted user

2. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  3. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  4. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Security log full issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security log full issue: facing Windows 11 security log full issue for domain accountsWindows version 10.0.22621.2134Os Build 22H222621.2134 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-log-full-issue/a30f6cdd-2507-401e-a507-8504139b1d18
  6. Security log full issue

Security log full issue: facing Windows 11 security log full issue for domain accountsWindows version 10.0.22621.2134Os Build 22H222621.2134 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-log-full-issue/a30f6cdd-2507-401e-a507-8504139b1d18
  7. duh

duh: jhjlad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duh/e5a263d1-3734-4fc8-ba92-a30a5195421e
  8. duh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duh: jhjlad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duh/e5a263d1-3734-4fc8-ba92-a30a5195421e
  9. accounts and user are still showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accounts and user are still showing: I am using two accounts on my pc, but at the time of shutdown it shows me that someone else is using that pc and some process ar still running when i check the task manager so that could be any malware or windows is doing their own thing....
  10. Duh! with windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Duh! with windows update: Reading about the last update and that some people were having trouble with it. Further read that MS was withdrawing it, then I noticed that I could no longer check for updates! The "check now" icon was no longer there. There was an optional update sitting there that was not...