Windows 10: duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

Discus and support duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LinnLiljedahl, Aug 23, 2018.

1. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the first account to the other one? I made a admin account already, so now I have two admin accounts that need to be synced. I would want to have them identical and then change one of them to a user account.

:)

LinnLiljedahl, Aug 23, 2018

2. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps
    I currently have on the first account to the other one? I made a admin account already, so now I have two admin accounts that need to be synced. I would want to have them identical and then change one of them to a user account.

LinnLiljedahl, Aug 29, 2018
  3. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

Hi LinnLiljedahl,

To change an administrator account to a standard account, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and I keys simultaneously to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts.
    3. Click on Family & other people.
    4. Click on the profile that you wish to change to a standard account and select
      Change account type.
    5. Under Account type, select Administrator
    6. Click OK.

In regard to your question on how to duplicate the settings of the accounts, there is no option to "copy and paste" the setting from one account to another. You need to manually change the settings for both profiles to be identical. For the apps, you don't
    need to install them on each of the user profiles, the apps will be available for both profiles.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Jethro Win User

duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local)

So my current user account is part of a workspace. The whole system is connected to an organization which i want to disconnect from. As seen here

duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system [​IMG]
    To do that though it is required to have another local user account (with admin privileges) so that you can sign in to windows after you have disconnected.The thing is I don't want to create a whole new user account. I just want my current user account made local or create a duplicate one and then disconnect the current one from the organization. Any ideas as how I can do that?

Jethro, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

1. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system - Similar Threads - duplicate current admin

2. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  3. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  4. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  5. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  6. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  7. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  8. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  9. help with local account duplication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with local account duplication: hello, i freshly installed windows with the first account named "Admin0" and i would like to make another account called "Admin1" that is 100% identical in all configurations and nitpicks as the first one, so basically a duplicate all i need is that both users (in my case...
  10. Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Syncronize domain accounts customization same as Local account admin: Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so I will try my best to be clear as possible in describing my issues. For the past month I've been trying to customize the look of my windows 10 such as folders, start menu, notifications and uninstall of apps in powershell with the local...