Windows 10: Duplicate D:\ drive

Discus and support Duplicate D:\ drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Might want to mark as solved now. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShaneN17, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Duplicate D:\ drive

Might want to mark as solved now.

SamTheGr8est, Apr 10, 2016
  2. ShaneN17 Win User

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that about Windows 10. I avoided it on my old laptop (haven't done the free upgrade), but once I got a new laptop there was really no way around it.

ShaneN17, Apr 10, 2016
  3. NovHak Win User
    Glad this got solved finally ! But it's strange that the Videos folder was displaying as D:\ instead of Videos on the explorer window. I guess it's yet another strange behaviour from Windows 10...

NovHak, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Duplicate D:\ drive

Isn't it nice that computers make our lives easier? *Smile Glad you solved your problem.

Winuser, Apr 11, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Time to start using disk imaging so you've a defence against the next snagette.. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage. Means you can restore your PC to a previously working state relatively quickly without technical help, replace your hard disk, and with Laplink software even transfer programs etc automatically to a new PC. Oh, and its a full backup.

System Restore is off in Win 10 by default.. another option to consider. Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
  6. vk279 Win User
    Hello guys/ gals. I know this is an old thread but I am having exactly same issue and I am not able to solve it.
    I wanted to move my c: documents folder to D drive as C is an ssd drive with only 125 mb. Now I have a duplicate D:\ with Documents Icon.
    I tried to go into the properties then Location and I click on Restore Default. When I click on Restore Default, it populates with old location i.e. on C: drive but when I click on Apply, I get an error message
    "The folder can't be moved here"
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied.

I have some critical programs installed on D drive. I don't want to mess up.

I also did change the Default Hard drive for saving the Documents and Apps by going into Settings and System.
    This might have screwed up everything and the reason for it to not let me change it back to original location.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

vk279, Jan 24, 2018
  7. NovHak Win User
    @vk279 : It seems you're trying to move the contents of D:\ to the default location of your documents folder (on CDuplicate D:\ drive :), which is a bad idea. Don't change+move, just change.

NovHak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate D:\ drive

1. Duplicate D:\ drive - Similar Threads - Duplicate drive

2. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  3. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  4. so this windows 10 operating system. duplicate drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    so this windows 10 operating system. duplicate drives: when I open the file select dialogue, this happensit doesn't happen in a regular file explorer window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-this-windows-10-operating-system-duplicate/1d18d20c-47df-4e32-89a3-aefa31376df0
  5. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  6. One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.: I recently started One Drive on my Windows 11 PC. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with Desktop shortcuts in several folders. I tried deleting the extra shortcuts to no avail. I tried moving files around, and it made things worse. The end result is now when...
  7. One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.

One Drive/ duplicates issue on my Windows 11 PC.: I recently started One Drive on my Windows 11 PC. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with Desktop shortcuts in several folders. I tried deleting the extra shortcuts to no avail. I tried moving files around, and it made things worse. The end result is now when...
  8. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  9. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

10. I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have duplicate pictures in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do...: I accidentally uploaded a lot of pictures twice, so, I have duplicates in One Drive. How do I delete just the duplicates? If I do that, will they be deleted from my phone too, because One Drive has access from the cloud to my phone....