Windows 10: Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution?

Discus and support Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi people, I have a strange problem that's causing me headaches with Windows 10 + games. I'm currently using a GTX 670, but have used an R9 390... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Groggubus, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution?

Hi people,

I have a strange problem that's causing me headaches with Windows 10 + games. I'm currently using a GTX 670, but have used an R9 390 (until i sold it) and have a GTX 1070 turning up from newegg in a few days.

The problem occurs when i plug my monitor (an Alienware 2310 [3D capable but I don't use the 3D anymore]) in (via DVI-D) and plug my TV in via HDMI (its a 4K Samsung TV). The TV displays the image incorrectly, as does the monitor(i use it to play games with my nephew when he comes over, like Lego and stuff, games that benefit the controller on the couch rather than mouse and keyboard at a desk). The TV is connected via a 10 metre HDMI cable. If I'm just running windows, it works fine. The problem is in games, and that the TV is obviously 4 times the monitors resolution, and when i duplicate the displays in Windows 10 options, i only want to run on the TV in 1080p. (My GTX 670 isn't capable of pushing higher resolutions). But when i duplicate the display, some games work ok, some games, on the monitor, display the top left quadrant of the display only. A lot of OpenGL games I've noticed do this, but there's no hard or fast rule.

Changing the options in-game does nothing, if I can even seen the options clearly.

Does anyone know a solution to fix this issue? I'll provide pictures if requested, but screen captures don't capture the issue well :S

Thanks.

:)

Groggubus, Jun 27, 2016
  2. venom8871 Win User

Please help me with my N96

done it formatted it still the phone acts funny

venom8871, Jun 27, 2016
  3. My Glance Screen is acting funny!

hpholm, will my Lumia get a notification when Windows 10 is ready to be released?

How do I know that?

RazPatnaik, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution?

1. Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution? - Similar Threads - Duplicate Desktop acting

2. Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny: HiI have a friend who has 96% Vision loss so he uses a special software called Zoom Text which also comes with a Zoom Text Keyboard.Everything was working fine until his last Windows Update. All of a sudden he has to DOUBLE TAP keys to get them to either go upper case or back...
  3. Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Zoom Text Keyboard acting funny: HiI have a friend who has 96% Vision loss so he uses a special software called Zoom Text which also comes with a Zoom Text Keyboard.Everything was working fine until his last Windows Update. All of a sudden he has to DOUBLE TAP keys to get them to either go upper case or back...
  4. HP Dock acting a little funny.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Dock acting a little funny.: My HP Zbook all the sudden is not connecting and sending a signal to my additional monitors. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working off the docking station, but the monitors are not being recognized. I am also getting an error while trying to update some drivers and the...
  5. HP Dock acting a little funny.

HP Dock acting a little funny.: My HP Zbook all the sudden is not connecting and sending a signal to my additional monitors. The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are working off the docking station, but the monitors are not being recognized. I am also getting an error while trying to update some drivers and the...
  6. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  7. Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.

Computer acting funny since uninstalling some apps.: In order to clear up space on my storage, I recently uninstalled a few apps as well as deleting all my temporary files including files in my Downloads folder. One of the apps I unistalled was Microsoft 365 which included Office, One Note, Excel none of which I ever used, even...
  8. my pc is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc is acting funny: when I log into my pc all the apps show up but nothing on my taskbar shows up. For the icons to show up I have to put my curser on the taskbar and click it.Any help would go a long way....
  9. My computer is acting funny

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is acting funny: When I started my computer it said there was no pin for my computer but after getting in the computer there was no internet or wifi icon and in the settings there is no networks and when i plug in headphones the computer does not see them I don’t know if this is a problem...
  10. Excel acting funny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel acting funny: Starting today, when clicking on an Excel cell, it automatically opens the formula on the screen, rather than what previously required highlighting the cell and going up to the Formula Bar. Very annoying. Also, starting today, while highlighting and 'cutting' multiple cells...