Windows 10: Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

Discus and support Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pslates, Jul 10, 2017.

1. pslates Win User

Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto either a projector screen or TV. The problem is that the duplicate display setting does not stay when either the computer goes to sleep mode or has been turned off and back on.

Commonly a laptop set like this comes up with a blank screen and no picture of the computer is displayed until the TV or projector is turned on and displays on the other device. The only easy fix is to disconnect the video cable of the other device or press Win-P to get choices on the screen.

I never had this problem with Win 7. It kept the display settings until they were changed.

:)

pslates, Jul 10, 2017

2. Second monitor doesn't work

Hello dear Manager of Microsoft

After installing Win 10 I unable to display to a VGA projector or even I am unable to connect my laptop
    to TV with HDMI cable.

Before that I had win 8 and I had no problem, after installing win 10 this problem appear.

I updated the windows. I updated the Graphic card, I do all setting but when I connect HDMI I can't duplicate my monitor, when I click winkey+p the duplicate dosn't work and the TV shows no signal.

Please help me, I am a university lecturer and I need to connect my PC to projector, If i can't solve this problem I should uninstall win 10!!

ElhamHashemizadeh, Jul 10, 2017
  3. RobinKing Win User
    Duplicate screen won't stay duplicate

Hi

I use my laptop with a projector quite often, and use the "duplicate screen" setting that is available. It always used to automatically revert to Duplicate Screen whenever I switched on the projector. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I find that when I close
    the laptop lid or turn off the projector and come to reuse the laptop with the projector again, the laptop display settings have reverted to Extend Screen.

I should not have to go into display settings or WIN+P in order to change to duplicate screens. What is the matter with Windows 10? It is one problem after another.

I have installed the latest drivers for the display adapter, I have updated everything else I can think of. What's going on?

RobinKing, Jul 10, 2017
Thema:

Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

1. Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems - Similar Threads - Duplicate display Projector

2. Can’t duplicate pc to projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t duplicate pc to projector: Had projector for 2 months. Today it won’t duplicate pc. I get 3 choices. Show 1 show 2 or extend. Anyone have any ideas. Running windows 11 HPOmen. I tried new hdmi didn’t help. Also hooked up to tv and duplicates fine. Could there be a problem with projector? Seems weird...
  3. Can’t duplicate pc to projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t duplicate pc to projector: Had projector for 2 months. Today it won’t duplicate pc. I get 3 choices. Show 1 show 2 or extend. Anyone have any ideas. Running windows 11 HPOmen. I tried new hdmi didn’t help. Also hooked up to tv and duplicates fine. Could there be a problem with projector? Seems weird...
  4. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  5. Windows 10 display using a projector

Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  6. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  7. TV as duplicate monitor

TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  8. Problem identifying TV display correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem identifying TV display correctly: I have a strange issue... Just moved into a flat with a new TV. First time I plugged my laptop in via HDMI, it worked fine. The next day, plugged it in - only displayed in 640x480 Rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers, no change. Tried it my other laptop...
  9. Connecting Samsung A40 To A TV/Projector?

Connecting Samsung A40 To A TV/Projector?: How do you connect this phone to a TV or projector? I bought a USB-C to HDMI cable. But no signal on a TV or projector? Thanks. 165345
  10. display on monitor / projector

display on monitor / projector: Today our computer refused to connect with the projector we've been using for several months now. We use a Belkin to go from computer to the vga input of the projector. Now whenever the Belkin is plugged in to the computer, the computer's monitor goes blank; this would be...