Windows 10: duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files

Discus and support duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi please help,i cant see the files the folder called naksatra,the system created duplicate folder with 0 files in it whereas i cant see the files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mprakashb, Jun 11, 2017.

1. mprakashb Win User

duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files

hi please help,i cant see the files the folder called naksatra,the system created duplicate folder with 0 files in it
    whereas i cant see the files in the folder where the properties showed i have 473 mb files.

:)

mprakashb, Jun 11, 2017
  2. pudu---01 Win User

Can't Access files in file manager

Scan your PC with latest updated Antivirus.

[That virus will hide your important folders (and duplicate them with extension name) which symbian os will not show in its filemanager or gellary (any hidden files or folder)]

after that connect your phone to pc in mass storage mode and scan your meory card

Set your windows explorer to show hidden files and folders

explore your memory card and goto the property of your folders( where your datas are stored)

uncheck Hidden and click on apply

somtimes it becomes unable to unchck Hidden checkbox

in such a situation,

open that folder and copy necessary files

delete the folder and create new one with same name

paste the recently copied files back to the folder

now your phone should read datas on your memory card in file manager or gellary too.

if applications installed on memory card are readily available for reinstallation and your datas are successfully backed up, best way to get rid of that problem is to format memory card either in phone or pc

pudu---01, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Fossilier Win User
    Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

Got duplicate tracks, when you know you deleted them? Easy! In windows explorer options, tick show hidden files and folders, now go into the phone memory, open the music folder then albums, you will now see reference files the library created of the tracks
    you placed on the memory, delete them, do the same in tracks folder, reboot your phone and all you will see are the actual tracks on your men card. Have fun!

Fossilier, Jun 11, 2017
  4. mprakashb Win User

kindly help me i am in trouble.somebody could help would be of great relief.

mprakashb, Jun 11, 2017
  5. wyldman68 Win User
    Are you logged in as an Administrator on this PC? I would unmark Read-Only in the properties. You may need to go into the Security tab and take ownership of the files and folder.

wyldman68, Jun 11, 2017
  6. mprakashb Win User
    no i am not logged in as the administrator on the pc,how do i take ownership of the files going into the security tab?..thanks for replying..i am going nuts over here

mprakashb, Jun 11, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
  8. mprakashb Win User

its all greek and latin to me...thanks for your reply.

mprakashb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. duplicate folder created with hidden files,unable to see the files - Similar Threads - duplicate folder created

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  5. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  6. Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate files created in OneDrive Folder: When I create a new file in a child folder in my "This PC" parent folder, the file is automatically also created in a child folder in my "One Drive" parent folder. As a result, I essentially am doubling the storage usage on my PC. Similarly, if I delete a file from my "One...
  7. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...
  8. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  9. Can't See Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Hidden Files: I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and folder my hidden folder is in, when I go to re-select the View and then click the Hidden Item box, the menu closes without...
  10. Duplicate files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...