Windows 10: Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

Discus and support Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by joshleeman, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose "duplicate display" from the side menu popup the tv goes blank as if Ive unplugged the hdmi. All 3 of the remaining display options work including the extend display and tv only setting so its not a cable issue. Laptop model is XPS 17 L702X. Now when I used to do it in win 7 sometimes it wouldnt autodetect it so I would have to right click desktop, open invidia up and click rigorous display detect or something like that and then laptop screen would blink and make the beep noise like when hdmi cable got connected. Now in the invida panel it just simply wont allow mirroring, nothing happens when I right click on the display box that would normally show 1 and a smaller box would say 2. I dont get it but Id really like that feature back If its something simple I could do.

:)

joshleeman, Dec 29, 2015
  2. DONbrew Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade HDMI Not Working

Well, if you try really hard you can force Windows 10 to use the HDMI screen. You have to use "duplicate these displays". You must have a VGA monitor also attached. Windows 10 now sees the HDMI TV as a "generic monitor" which limits the resolution.

Unfortunately, this solution is of no use to people who want to use Windows 10 as an HTPC. Windows 10 did support my HDMI TV as the
    only monitor until I did a refresh on 1/19/2017.

I was able to temporarily use only the HDMI TV by using "duplicate" then unplugging the VGA. But, upon reboot the HDMI went blank, then "no signal".

DONbrew, Dec 29, 2015
  3. ThomYorke Win User
    TV Monitor Black when switching from laptop

Hello,

I have an issue regarding my laptop and a tv I was trying to use as monitor. At first, I managed to connect the two via HDMI cable without an issue (the only problem was the resolution quality on the tv) but then I accidentally changed the tv resolution
    from my laptop to 1024x768, From that moment, the tv went black and now it only works when I duplicate or extend the screen. When I try to use the tv as the only monitor, whatever I do, it goes black. Unfortunately I can't change resolution from tv, and changing
    ratio doesn't help. Likewise, I can change tv resolution from laptop when duplicating or extending, but obviously this goes black as well when I try to switch to monitor 2. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks.

ThomYorke, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

Ive actually seen a lot of people having this problem from the google search results I get but it seems like everyone either gets it situated and never reposts solution, or is so fed up that they just revert to 7 or 8.1 or whatever os actually had this feature working. Ive seen multiple screenshots of "duplicate display" as an option in the dropdown options when pin display settings however mine only shows "extend" "only 1" and "only 2" but if I hit win-p I get all 4 options but duplicate just wont work, the tv goes blank and gives me the message you get when i unplug the hdmi. Extend works fine as well as "only 2" which shows the screen on the tv and blacks my laptop screen. It's not even a major problem because now that im using "only 2" I actually prefer it but now its become one of those computer puzzles thats driving me crazy because I cant solve it. I think it has something to do with the combination of nvidia and intel graphics because the nvidia control panel options have changed as well, no longer showing laptop screen under the intel line but I clean installed the nvidia driver so I cant imagine updating a driver would take away features. I dont know, but id sure like to know whats causing this to not work.

joshleeman, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

1. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works - Similar Threads - Duplicate monitor via

2. Duplicate Display Via HDMI Not Working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Display Via HDMI Not Working Windows 11: Recently, this issue has popped up, where I cannot duplicate my display to a connected monitor. All my drivers are up to date. The latest even the optional updates are installed and still this is an issue. In the display settings, it only shows these options:Extend these...
  3. Duplicate Display Via HDMI Not Working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Display Via HDMI Not Working Windows 11: Recently, this issue has popped up, where I cannot duplicate my display to a connected monitor. All my drivers are up to date. The latest even the optional updates are installed and still this is an issue. In the display settings, it only shows these options:Extend these...
  4. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  5. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. connection to tv via hdmi isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection to tv via hdmi isnt working: I have tried both of the hdmi ports on my tv to my computer but it hasnt worked, the hdmi cord is brand new when I ask the computer to search for the device it says it cant detect it even though the tv is on the correct port is it the hdmi cable or is it something else?...
  7. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable: Summary: After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working. The end user has an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 device connected to an external monitor via HDMI cable. The external monitor was working fine before the...
  8. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.: I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the...
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...