Windows 10: Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update

Discus and support Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows Store App installed; EdgeTile Creators. It got an update and after installing that update through the Windows Store, I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnnyGui, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update

Hello,

I have a Windows Store App installed; EdgeTile Creators. It got an update and after installing that update through the Windows Store, I now have two versions of that app in the All Programs list of the Start menu; one that doesn't work when clicking on it (presumably the old version before the update) and one that does work which is the new version. (see attachment)

Uninstalling the old version through right-clicking on the old app doesn't do anything and doesn't remove the old app from the list. Uninstalling the new version only removes the new version of the duplicate app.
    I can't find the apps in the Start Menu directory through explorer to delete the old one.

Can this be a problem caused by the developer of the app? Because updating any other app doesn't give this issue.

Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update [​IMG]

:)

JohnnyGui, Feb 20, 2018

2. How do I remove duplicate icons from the "all apps" list???

I have 3 duplicate icons in the All Apps start menu. Firefox, Chrome, and another program. The target shortcuts for these icons are not duplicated in programs folder of the start menu. Seems strange that two of the three are for competing browsers. .

KenMacomber, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Lumley Win User
    Duplicate Games in Games folder - Windows 10

I have the same issue - duplicate games in games menu - but not for all games - in the games folder under Apps. The games folder itself does not show duplicates - it is only in the UI off the Start button / All Apps.

Lumley, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

a QUICK REBOOT WILL PROBABLY FIX THINGS UP.

(Oops! Caps Lock was on! Sorry bout that!)

Edwin, Feb 20, 2018
  5. JohnnyGui Win User
    Haha, no worries. I already did several reboots but it didn't solve the problem. I have a hunch this might be a fault from the developer although I'm not sure.

Edit: Someone else seems to have this problem mentioned in the concerning app thread: EdgeTile Creators: A fully-featured Tile Man - Pg. 2 | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

JohnnyGui, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update - Similar Threads - Duplicate App Start

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. App icon missing from Start Menu after app reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App icon missing from Start Menu after app reset.: Edit : Ok, now it turns out that my entire game is "missing" from my PC, the store doesn't consider it installed, even though it is. And I can't find it in my programs. The store is only prompting me to redownload it again, even though it is downloaded and is taking 70GB+ of...
  7. Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  8. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  9. App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    App auto duplicates when added to start menu.: I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it duplicates (I assume old icon pins too), same thing when I try to remove it. Heres link to video I recorded if it might help...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate app on start menu

2. getting duplicate apps on start menu

3. double app on start menu

4. duplicate apps on windows start menu