Windows 10: Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

Discus and support Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there. [img] Also, not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there.

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar [​IMG]

Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new appointment, etc" links none of them work. Nothing happens when I click them.

Tried repairing and reinstalling 2016 with no luck.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015

2. Problem Pinning Outlook 2016 to Taskbar: Creates Two Icons

I have other 64-bit applications pinned to my taskbar, Office 2016 programs (Word and Excel) and third-party programs (Photoshop and Firefox), and none of them open duplicate icons. Only Outlook 2016. So this is not a problem with all 64-bit programs. At
    least not on my computer.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Shawn Ifill, Sep 22, 2015
  3. ryryguy Win User
    Problem Pinning Outlook 2016 to Taskbar: Creates Two Icons

This over here worked for me, all I had to do was run outlook from the shortcut he provided, and then right click and pin to taskbar as normal. No more duplicates.:

Squaletto's post on October 8, 2015:

Outlook 2016 icon duplicated on launch when pinned to taskbar

ryryguy, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

Try unpinning the first icon. Then open outlook and re-pin the icon that shows.

5. As soon as I pin that Icon it creates another duplicate. Weird.

Edit: Nevermind, this is resolved. I was on a preview build and just upgraded to final retail version. Issue is fixed.

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Not sure if the following will fix the duplicate icon (I uninstalled/reinstalled to correct that issue), but this fixed the tasks on right click issue (works for Outlook 2016):
    How to fix Outlook's Jump Lists ~ SeanDaniel.com / technology
    Good luck!

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar [​IMG]

Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new appointment, etc" links none of them work. Nothing happens when I click them.

Tried repairing and reinstalling 2016 with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Win 10 Fan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

1. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar - Similar Threads - Duplicate office 2016

2. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  3. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  4. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar: Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I have only seen the problem with the teams application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams-icon-duplicating-on-taskbar/6d8db632-f9cc-4bc1-9dfc-335e6dbbcadb
  6. Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar: Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I have only seen the problem with the teams application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams-icon-duplicating-on-taskbar/6d8db632-f9cc-4bc1-9dfc-335e6dbbcadb
  7. Deliberately Duplicating Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deliberately Duplicating Taskbar Icons: I wish to duplicate my Google Chrome taskbar icon so I can have two of them, each opening to a separate Google account. This is apparently a bug, and it happened on my previous computer, but it actually turned out to be pretty useful. However, every time I try to search for a...
  8. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  9. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2016 pinned taskbar duplicate

2. duplicate office icons in windows menu

3. duplicate icon office win 10

4. duplicate icons in microsoft office,
  5. insert symbols task bar windows 2016,
  6. duplicate office 2016 icons