Windows 10: Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

Discus and support Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there. [img] Also, not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there.

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar [​IMG]

Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new appointment, etc" links none of them work. Nothing happens when I click them.

Tried repairing and reinstalling 2016 with no luck.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015

2. Problem Pinning Outlook 2016 to Taskbar: Creates Two Icons

I have other 64-bit applications pinned to my taskbar, Office 2016 programs (Word and Excel) and third-party programs (Photoshop and Firefox), and none of them open duplicate icons. Only Outlook 2016. So this is not a problem with all 64-bit programs. At
    least not on my computer.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Shawn Ifill, Sep 22, 2015
  3. ryryguy Win User
    Problem Pinning Outlook 2016 to Taskbar: Creates Two Icons

This over here worked for me, all I had to do was run outlook from the shortcut he provided, and then right click and pin to taskbar as normal. No more duplicates.:

Squaletto's post on October 8, 2015:

Outlook 2016 icon duplicated on launch when pinned to taskbar

ryryguy, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

Try unpinning the first icon. Then open outlook and re-pin the icon that shows.

5. As soon as I pin that Icon it creates another duplicate. Weird.

Edit: Nevermind, this is resolved. I was on a preview build and just upgraded to final retail version. Issue is fixed.

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 22, 2015
  6. Not sure if the following will fix the duplicate icon (I uninstalled/reinstalled to correct that issue), but this fixed the tasks on right click issue (works for Outlook 2016):
    How to fix Outlook's Jump Lists ~ SeanDaniel.com / technology
    Good luck!

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar [​IMG]

Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new appointment, etc" links none of them work. Nothing happens when I click them.

Tried repairing and reinstalling 2016 with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Win 10 Fan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

1. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar - Similar Threads - Duplicate office 2016

2. Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons: I've searched the forums and I couldn't find any similar posts for this topic. I'm running Windows 10 Pro (1809) on a MSI GE-70 2PE Laptop. I've installed / uninstalled and maintained all my software on the laptop very seamleassly. However one software that I recently...
  3. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  4. Removing Office Outlook Taskbar Icon

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office Outlook Taskbar Icon: Hello, I don't want to see Office Outlook taskbar icon. How can I Remove Office Outlook icon on Taskbar Right Side? [img] 116131
  5. 7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    7+ Taskbar Tweaker duplicate blank taskbar icons for Chrome: On both my Windows 10 home PC and work computer, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker causes duplicate buttons on the taskbar of Chrome that turn invisible: [img] As you can see in the image, there are two blank icons in front of the Chrome icon. Both of these are working and open...
  6. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it: I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I...
  7. Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016: Can you run office 2016 32 bit on a windows 10 64 bit machine like in windows 7? Is office 2016 a stand alone like office 2013? Thanks Z 26758
  8. office 2016

office 2016: Where can i get the office 2016 preview build from? Can anyone pm me a link for this? thanks 7922
  9. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...
  10. Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates: Hello, I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2016 pinned taskbar duplicate

2. duplicate office icons in windows menu

3. duplicate icon office win 10

4. duplicate icons in microsoft office,
  5. insert symbols task bar windows 2016,
  6. duplicate office 2016 icons