Windows 10: Duplicate Sign-in options

Discus and support Duplicate Sign-in options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to sign in after a re-start there are 2 of me, one of which says my password is incorrect (there isn't one at all) and then requires I amend... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alc3261, May 20, 2016.

1. alc3261 Win User

Duplicate Sign-in options

When I try to sign in after a re-start there are 2 of me, one of which says my password is incorrect (there isn't one at all) and then requires I amend my user name (adding my surname) to sign in, both get to exactly the same place and there are only 2 users in the system - me and my husband. Only I am duplicated. Neither of us wants to use a password to sign in and both are local accounts.
    I really want to get rid of the doppelgänger!!
    We have been able seemingly to get rid of it temporarily but when I re-start the computer again 2nd "me" is back.
    Tearing my hair out!!
    HELP!!

:)

alc3261, May 20, 2016

2. Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

The require sign-in option in the sign-in options are greyed out.

Each time my pc wakes up it prompts for my password. this is a pain as i i have 2 pcs rigged toghether and when i am working on one the other goes to sleep.

i tried changing the options in all other places including in power options > no password after sleep , in screensaver setting.

All that is left is this setting.

dileepmatt, May 20, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Sign-in Options - Require sign-in options are greyed out - Windows 10

Hi!

There is a little link at top of page says change settings currently unavailable.

Duplicate Sign-in options [​IMG]

Teddy2016, May 20, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User
  5. Kombin Win User
    It's possible that you're using a Microsoft account. After logging in, switch it back to a local account:
    Click on the Start button and select Settings. Open "Accounts." Under "Your account," select the option to "Sign in with a local account instead."

Kombin, May 20, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
  7. alc3261 Win User
  8. alc3261 Win User

I'm not, I do know the difference. I have in fact tried both - neither removes the 2nd "me"

alc3261, May 20, 2016
  9. alc3261 Win User
    alc3261, May 20, 2016
  10. alc3261 Win User
    By repeating all these steps again I appear to have removed 2nd "me", however only by accepting my user name as " First Name, Surname". I have renamed all the folders etc to "First Name" only so why do I still have to sign in as "First Name, Surname"?
    Anything I'm missing here?

alc3261, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate Sign-in options - Similar Threads - Duplicate Sign options

2. How do I get rid of duplicate sign in option on windows 11???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of duplicate sign in option on windows 11???: This started about a week ago, but I now have a duplicate sign in option that I can't seem to get rid of. I've various things like: Open the Start menu and click on “Settings”.Click on “Accounts” and then “Other users”.Select the account that you want to remove and click on...
  3. How do I get rid of duplicate sign in option on windows 11???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of duplicate sign in option on windows 11???: This started about a week ago, but I now have a duplicate sign in option that I can't seem to get rid of. I've various things like: Open the Start menu and click on “Settings”.Click on “Accounts” and then “Other users”.Select the account that you want to remove and click on...
  4. Duplicate sign -in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate sign -in option: Help. I have inadvertently created a second profile /sign in possibility same nameon my start-up screen. It doesn't allow me to log on to the second profile but cannot find it to delete. It doesn't appear in other users or family profile.Can anyone advise.Thanky ou...
  5. Duplicate sign -in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate sign -in option: Help. I have inadvertently created a second profile /sign in possibility same nameon my start-up screen. It doesn't allow me to log on to the second profile but cannot find it to delete. It doesn't appear in other users or family profile.Can anyone advise.Thanky ou...
  6. No option to Duplicate Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to Duplicate Display: I have been using Windows 10 and multiple displays for years. Recently I had to re-install Windows, and I'm using 2 displays. Since I reinstalled Windows, the Display Options panel, under Multiple displays gives me just three options:Extend these displaysShow only on 1Show...
  7. Duplicate unnessary options to sign in to windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate unnessary options to sign in to windows 10.: On boot up I get two options to sign in, both in my name in the left bottom of page. I believe one is for password and the other one that I use is for pin number. I tried to get rid of these as I do not need to enter pin or password every time. Only to make it more...
  8. Sign-in Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Options: I recently had an OS_BOOT_FAILURE and had to do a system recovery. Before the recovery I used my fingerprint scanner on my Dell Inspiron 15 to sign in. Now when I went to set up my fingerprint the only option of sign in is a Security Key See Image. When I try to manage the...
  9. No Option to Duplicate/Clone Displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Option to Duplicate/Clone Displays: I seek some help. I'm running two PCs, one for gaming and the other for streaming using an Elgato HD60 Pro. I have the configuration right in regards to HDMI cables, but when I go into Nvidia Control Panel, it's not showing the other monitor so I can clone/duplicate. Am I...
  10. No option to sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to sign in.: When I turned on my computer today, (Windows 10) it was fine up to the point with the changing pictures. But when I try clicking anywhere or press any key (besides the windows key) the screen turns black and doesn't go back to the picture until about a minute later. I'm not...