Windows 10: Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

Discus and support Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mitrajoon, Dec 17, 2015.

1. mitrajoon Win User

Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4 for each of my HD's (internal and external) all my USB drives (which shouldn't even show up unless they are in use), etc.

I've included a screen shot but it's a little confusing since there are so many duplications, I couldn't show them in one shot. If you look you will that the first image goes down to Library > Network. The remaining icons are on the second page (though the second page also includes stuff from the first). Just start with Network on the second page.

:)

mitrajoon, Dec 17, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

HERE Public Transport local bus clutter

Hi ,

I'm happy to report that the duplicate/triplicate entries of the local bus timetables are gone, and that Here Transit / Public Transport on both my Lumia and the Nokia N8 is functional again.

The content of the app depend solely on data from a server, so no need to do a reinstall for this error.

Thanks to you and to who sorted this out. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons ;)

--

Hans

hpholm, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Deleting duplicate photos in the Windows Photo Gallery

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

AND

I have many duplicated photos in "MY PICTURES"

SO

How can I eliminate ALL the duplicated and triplicated photos ???

Gerry BenjaminPl, Dec 17, 2015
  4. mitrajoon Win User

So I've managed to eliminate or hide most of the duplicates except for my external drive. It shows up under My PC and as an independent item under File Explorer.

mitrajoon, Dec 17, 2015
  5. philc43 Win User
    You can prevent the external drive showing up a second time by following the tutorial below. However, I would point out that the duplicate entry is the default behaviour and is working as intended so that you have a quick way to access the external drive when "This PC" section of File Explorer is collapsed.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Dec 18, 2015
  6. mitrajoon Win User
    Thank you, worked like a charm!

mitrajoon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons - Similar Threads - Duplicate triplicate more

2. Triplicated keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triplicated keyboards: Hello community,So this was a bit stupid on my end, but attempting at creating a keyboard for my conlang MSKLC, I messed up twice and now I have 2 useless keyboards. How do I delete them for good? I tried uninstalling them through control centre....
  3. Triplicated keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triplicated keyboards: Hello community,So this was a bit stupid on my end, but attempting at creating a keyboard for my conlang MSKLC, I messed up twice and now I have 2 useless keyboards. How do I delete them for good? I tried uninstalling them through control centre....
  4. Triplicate Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triplicate Photos: Why am i getting Triplicate photos when transferring Photos from iPhone to PC and what is the setting to stop it from happening again? Transferring Photos should be Easy Peazy but now its Easy Peazy Pissing me off... Anybody know a Quick Fix?...
  5. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  6. Even more duplicate drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Even more duplicate drives.: Hi, When I had Chromebook Recovery Utility on, My laptop crashed.(BSOD) Thats the main point. But here's the real problem. Once "Google" said the app would erase the USB drive, It didint. So it said "Unable to partition USB drive." (Or something like that.) After that...
  7. Triplicate entries in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Triplicate entries in boot: I had few problems with dual boot but now I have only Windows 10 installed. Currently in my UEFI BIOS shows 3 entries which all of them will load Windows 10. When I will reinstall Ubuntu I don't want useless entries in my boot manager. Should I not have only one entry to...
  8. Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate File Directories & Their Contents: I just noticed that several directories in my documents folder have been duplicated exactly including the contents. I have tried to delete these duplicate directories but then my shortcuts no longer work. The backup that I made just 2 days ago does not have these duplicates....
  9. Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.: In windows photo gallery my pictures and videos randomly duplicate, triplicate and quadruple. This is a recurring problem rendering years of pictures useless! I have spent MANY hours cleaning this up only to have the problem come back. This has been happening since windows 7....
  10. Lost "more" folders content

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "more" folders content: I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them? 95025