Windows 10: Duplicate username / remove password.

Discus and support Duplicate username / remove password. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was trying to disable the password for my (one) user on my PC. I have now ended up with two users, both with the same name. One is displayed as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mark Howard, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Duplicate username / remove password.

I was trying to disable the password for my (one) user on my PC.
    I have now ended up with two users, both with the same name.
    One is displayed as just the user name , the other has , but with my email address shown below it.

When I start the computer the bald one (no email address) is shown with a message saying the password is incorrect.
    I then get to select either of the usernames and when I select the one with the email address, I can login with a password.

The first thing I want to do is to remove the bald username.
    The second thing I want to do is to be able to use the computer without having to enter a password.

Would appreciate some help, please.

:)

Mark Howard, Sep 18, 2015

2. Help - Duplicate Contacts

To remove the duplicates, actually remove the Windows live contacts on your device, you will need to use the Switch Accounts options in Windows Live. Re-type your username and password and do not select the options to download or merge your Live contacts.

For some reason the merge feature does not seem to work. What I did is use the Instant Messaging field in Contacts.

Linley Meslier, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Nokia Music Unlimited on Lumia phones in India

My lumia 525 is showing message your music sore is registered for unlimited..... Even though giving username and password, it is showing error.... plz help

Moderator's note: This post is edited. Duplicate quotation is removed.

ramesh_krr, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Duplicate username / remove password.

Mark Howard, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Duplicate username / remove password.

1. Duplicate username / remove password. - Similar Threads - Duplicate username remove

2. Username-password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...
  3. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  4. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  5. Password and username login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and username login: When I go to certain websites that require a username and password this information seems to be there and I just have to use the enter button. How do I change this format so that I have to manually type in the username and password because I don't feel comfortable with the...
  6. RDP and Username/Password

RDP and Username/Password: I use often RDP to connect to my laptop as I can see the three screens presented by my desktop workstation making work a whole lot easier. My initial problem was it would use something like [MicrosoftAccount]/[Username] to log in. The 1st strange thing I noticed was that...
  7. Remove the windows require username and password settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove the windows require username and password settings: Recently I've got a hardware problem, and the engineer that help me to fix my laptop re-seat my laptop before he change the hardware After that I find out that I need to login with my microsoft account password, I didn't knew it is nessecary because before this my laptop...
  8. duplicate of my username on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  9. username and password

username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d
  10. Username or password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netplwiz does not remove duplicate username on sigin

2. how to remove the two duplicate user accounts on windows 10 login screen