Windows 10: Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

Discus and support Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duehicky, Oct 4, 2015.

1. duehicky Win User

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there [​IMG]

manage accounts shows only 1 user

netplwiz shows only 1 user
    Attachment 41142
    all default accounts are disabled

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there [​IMG]

Where has this new user come from and how do i get rid of it so i can have my auto login back

:)

duehicky, Oct 4, 2015
  2. RoryPlant Win User

Two account are getting displayed when login page, when logged into the computer and other user account is not displayed.

Tried Safe mode still no luck it's not showing another user. Yes the account is a Microsoft Account It's the same one. It's like it has duplicated somehow. And I can't screenshot Because it's on the login screen.

RoryPlant, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Login Duplicate Account

I'm having the same issue except the duplicate acct shows up when I go in the
    Netplwiz and uncheck the checkbox labeled
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    . So I went back into Netpl2wiz and put the check mark back and the duplicate names disappeared but I still cannot remove the password login screen.

CarolynSueLogan, Oct 4, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

toggle netplwiz "users must enter a password" on and off.

This could happen if you switched to/from a ms account or similar and netplwiz has stored the old id/password.

lx07, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there - Similar Threads - Duplicate users login

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. Windows 10 duplicate User login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  5. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements: I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me... I've been trying to remove the password login requirement from my computer for wake up on lan functionality for in-home streaming and such without having to go around from room...
  6. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate login on Lock screen.: This has taken me months but I have finally got it ! After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login disabled. both in my name changing name doesn't work, it just duplicates it! one with pic my real account the other had no pic...
  7. Duplicate user name in windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate user name in windows login: I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I...
  8. duplicate of my username on the login screen

duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  9. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  10. Duplicate user name at login

Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...