Windows 10: Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

Discus and support Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duehicky, Oct 4, 2015.

1. duehicky Win User

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there [​IMG]

manage accounts shows only 1 user

netplwiz shows only 1 user
    Attachment 41142
    all default accounts are disabled

Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there [​IMG]

Where has this new user come from and how do i get rid of it so i can have my auto login back

:)

duehicky, Oct 4, 2015
  2. RoryPlant Win User

Two account are getting displayed when login page, when logged into the computer and other user account is not displayed.

Tried Safe mode still no luck it's not showing another user. Yes the account is a Microsoft Account It's the same one. It's like it has duplicated somehow. And I can't screenshot Because it's on the login screen.

RoryPlant, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Login Duplicate Account

I'm having the same issue except the duplicate acct shows up when I go in the
    Netplwiz and uncheck the checkbox labeled
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    . So I went back into Netpl2wiz and put the check mark back and the duplicate names disappeared but I still cannot remove the password login screen.

CarolynSueLogan, Oct 4, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

toggle netplwiz "users must enter a password" on and off.

This could happen if you switched to/from a ms account or similar and netplwiz has stored the old id/password.

lx07, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there - Similar Threads - Duplicate users login

2. Duplicate Users and Duplicate "Other User" on Win10 Logon Screen after Upgrade from Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate Users and Duplicate "Other User" on Win10 Logon Screen after Upgrade from Win7: So I recently updated a Win7 computer to Win10. When the Win10 logon screen pops up, it shows duplicate user (Domain) and duplicate "other user": John Smith Other user John Smith Other user Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  3. duplicate of my username on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  4. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  5. Change color user login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change color user login screen: I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but I am unable to open its answer...
  6. Multiple users on login screen

Multiple users on login screen: Hi guys I'd like to use Prey project on my notebook. I recently updated from windows 8 pro to windows 10. Prey software is effective only if thief can use my notebook. I set up guest account without password but every time i start computer I have to enter username and...
  7. "Duplicate" user name

"Duplicate" user name: I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look at the registry, they have identical SID's, except for the rightmost (last) number - MAGS has -500, MAGS.000 has -1000. If...
  8. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.: I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the...
  9. If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen: If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen This issue started with Redstone builds. This was not an issue with TH2. Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub. I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build...
  10. Duplicate user name at login

Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...