Windows 10: Duplicated Quick Access Folders

Discus and support Duplicated Quick Access Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, let's get down to business. This all started when something happened to my registry and I was unable to create new folders. I surfed around the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spyest, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Spyest Win User

Duplicated Quick Access Folders

Hi,
    let's get down to business. This all started when something happened to my registry and I was unable to create new folders. I surfed around the internet until found a forum post to fix it which led to this link
    [ New Context Menu - Remove Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums ]

I followed all the steps to fix my issue and it work, but then it created another problem. On my "Quick Access" tab in my File Explorer, it duplicated all the folders. At first I thought it would simply correct itself if I restarted my laptop, but it made it worse. Now the duplicated folders have no names and I can not delete them because an error pops up saying that the folder does not exist. Please Help! (btw i tried unpinning and it did not work)

Duplicated Quick Access Folders [​IMG]

:)

Spyest, Feb 20, 2016
  2. Ken Blake Win User

Duplicate file deletion

How do you know you have duplicates? Where are you seeing them?

If you are seeing them in the Documents folder, and also in Quick Access, they are *not* duplicates. What you see in Quick Access are just pointers to the files in Documents.

Ken Blake, Feb 20, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    duplicate folders

If you are talking about those folders in Quick Access and This PC they are indeed duplicates. They get their information from (CDuplicated Quick Access Folders :) Win 10, Users, (your user name) and the folders.

lacrumb, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums. I would do a system restore to a time prior to the change you did

Thema:

1. Duplicated Quick Access Folders - Similar Threads - Duplicated Quick Access

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Files seem to be duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Files seem to be duplicated: Why do some files and/or folders appear to be duplicated under Quick Access when I store all my master files under my C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-files-seem-to-be-duplicated/8f85ef61-81e1-4d64-b62d-ac3b9e66b24d
  4. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  5. Duplicate Quick access tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Quick access tabs: [ATTACH]Recently i have had alot of issues with a random second quick access tab popping up under file explorer, whilst i admit i have made alot of changes to windows for personalization reasons, this seems to have only started since the new update when the new search bar was...
  6. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  7. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  8. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  9. Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder: Hey so I relocated Documents Downloads and Desktop to another drive. If I click my username under Quick Access on the side, I can see that those directories are right where they should be - right? This is supposed to be C:/Users/Brad/ but it's not. If I goto my user folder...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939