Windows 10: Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

Discus and support Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danilux, Aug 13, 2018.

1. danilux Win User

Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

danilux, Aug 13, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Spyest Win User
    Duplicated Quick Access Folders

Hi,
    let's get down to business. This all started when something happened to my registry and I was unable to create new folders. I surfed around the internet until found a forum post to fix it which led to this link
    [ New Context Menu - Remove Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums ]

I followed all the steps to fix my issue and it work, but then it created another problem. On my "Quick Access" tab in my File Explorer, it duplicated all the folders. At first I thought it would simply correct itself if I restarted my laptop, but it made it worse. Now the duplicated folders have no names and I can not delete them because an error pops up saying that the folder does not exist. Please Help! (btw i tried unpinning and it did not work)

Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut [​IMG]

Spyest, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

1. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut - Similar Threads - Duplicated Quick Access

2. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  3. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  4. Quick Access Files seem to be duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Files seem to be duplicated: Why do some files and/or folders appear to be duplicated under Quick Access when I store all my master files under my C: drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-files-seem-to-be-duplicated/8f85ef61-81e1-4d64-b62d-ac3b9e66b24d
  5. Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate "Quick Access" in navigation pane.: Hi, I have two "quick access" menu's in the navigation pane - Likely from some customization app from ages ago. How can I remove the duplicate entry? Please see attached screenshot. [img] Latest version of Windows 10. 157112
  6. Duplicate Quick access tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Quick access tabs: [ATTACH]Recently i have had alot of issues with a random second quick access tab popping up under file explorer, whilst i admit i have made alot of changes to windows for personalization reasons, this seems to have only started since the new update when the new search bar was...
  7. Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access: I've been using registry tweaks to get rid of a few things from the Explorer navigation panel, and replacing a few of them with Quick Access links instead. I used a trick that I read here on one of the tutorial comments, where creating a folder and renaming it using the...
  8. Duplicated Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Folders: Hi, let's get down to business. This all started when something happened to my registry and I was unable to create new folders. I surfed around the internet until found a forum post to fix it which led to this link [ New Context Menu - Remove Restore Default Menu Items -...
  9. Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate/Different user folders in Quick Access user folder: Hey so I relocated Documents Downloads and Desktop to another drive. If I click my username under Quick Access on the side, I can see that those directories are right where they should be - right? This is supposed to be C:/Users/Brad/ but it's not. If I goto my user folder...
  10. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop: I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it? 70120