Windows 10: Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10

Discus and support Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I use my computer for all around stuff. Work, 2nd job, light games, multimedia and more. This same computer is used in my Sound Production... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guy Dresher, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10

Hello,

I use my computer for all around stuff. Work, 2nd job, light games, multimedia and more.

This same computer is used in my Sound Production Studio, Using Cubase 9.5 with hundreds of installed plugins, all legit.. licensed in Iloc, E-Licencer, etc.

But I Need to separate the studio from my other activities. Creating a new user and reinstalling all relevant software will be a never ending mess! Is there any way to duplicate the user/profile in Windows 10, So I can, afterwards, just clean the duplicant user from everything that I don't need ?

The duplication is for the same PC Only!

It must be a duplication down to the user-registry hive because otherwise all the settings and licenses will be lost!

Is it doable ?

(yes, I've asked this before but never received a useful and non-destructive answer)

Please help!

:)

Guy Dresher, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Marivel Man, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10

Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the account.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

• If prompted by UAC, click on
      Yes.

• Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.

• Click on a user you want to delete, and click on
      Remove.

• Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10

1. Duplicating a user down to the deepest level on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Duplicating user down

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. duplicate a user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    duplicate a user account?: is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions and etc. making this anew would just take so much time i want this for testing purposes and backup thanks a lot...
  5. Windows 10 duplicate User login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  6. Duplicate users when logging in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate users when logging in windows 10: After latest windows 10 update there appears to be duplicate users when im booting up my PC. I can not find that account anywhere so I can remove it. I would like to auto-login to my main account without password every time i boot up my PC [IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Mic levels going down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic levels going down: [ATTACH] I got a INSIGNIA NS-PAUM50 mic for reference. My mic levels always go down if I talk in it. Usually it just decreases over a span of an hour while I'm gaming (talking loudly into mic, adjusting for volume I guess). It's kind of annoying having to exit my game...
  8. Administrator level User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator level User: This sounds odd but I got a call from a friend who said that after completing a "recent" Win 10 update, he lost all admin privileges on his account. I got him to do a few checks remotely and it appears that he definitely does not have admin access. He is not aware of any...
  9. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  10. Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page: There is already an article with this subject but it says updated 18 July 2018 but all the articles are dated 2015. My question therefore is - is there any later information as all the suggestions I've read don't work....