Windows 10: Duplicating 'Name group'

Discus and support Duplicating 'Name group' in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, In Windows 10, when I click on the window logo (bottom left of the screen), there are a bunch of icons on the right side. They are divided in 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cdnhermit, Aug 22, 2018.

1. cdnhermit Win User

Duplicating 'Name group'

Hello, In Windows 10, when I click on the window logo (bottom left of the screen), there are a bunch of icons on the right side. They are divided in 4 categories (create, play, explore and name group). How could I duplicate or triplicate the <name group category? Thank you

:)

cdnhermit, Aug 22, 2018

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Agrippa Win User
    How to group tiles

I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the tutorials seems to suggest that all you need to do is move one tile on top of another to group them, but all that happens for me is that I end up with one tile chasing a second tile around the screen! So, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Agrippa, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Duplicating 'Name group'

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Duplicating 'Name group'

1. Duplicating 'Name group' - Similar Threads - Duplicating 'Name group'

2. Grouping icons by name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grouping icons by name: I really hate that when I group icons by name, it doesn't integrate shortcuts to other folders. There are two "lists" of icons, both in alphabetical order, one is folders and files, and the other is shortcuts. Is there a way to integrate them all together? submitted by...
  3. Duplicate folder names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folder names: I have a Windows 10 partition that contains several folders. Two of the other folders have the exact same name. How is that even possible? I did a chkdsk and it finds no errors. The partition also contains a found.000 folder that contains what may be parts of one of the...
  4. App Group Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Group Name: You know how app tiles can be resized small, medium, large. But the app group name space continues to be the same size. Is there a way to resize the app group name screen space it occupies? Thanks in advance...
  5. Folder names alphabetized in groups.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder names alphabetized in groups.: I suddenly found that, unbeknownst to me, the files in one of my folders had been divided into groups: I to P and Q to Z. The group A to O was not included, so all my files with initials A to O are missing from the folder. How can I eliminate the groupings and get all my...
  6. Program For Finding Duplicate Names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program For Finding Duplicate Names: Greetings. I have a very large collection of Movies & TV Series on 31 external HDD's. I have been collecting for years and my memory is not what it was. Does anyone know of a program, that will index all of those drives and will enable me to search the result for...
  7. "Duplicate" user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Duplicate" user name: I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look at the registry, they have identical SID's, except for the rightmost (last) number - MAGS has -500, MAGS.000 has -1000. If...
  8. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...
  9. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954
  10. Want to remove the "Name Group"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to remove the "Name Group": Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" from the Desktop?*Confused 13102