Windows 10: During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

Discus and support During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was decrpting my drive and I restart my computer, now windows is not booting 106687 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HAROON2015, Mar 23, 2018.

1. During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

Hi,
    I was decrpting my drive and I restart my computer, now windows is not booting

:)

HAROON2015, Mar 23, 2018
  2. 89fox Win User

Decryption

I encrypted my other HDD I use for storage for specific reasons, so I started the decryption process and my computer went to sleep mode not finishing the decryption. Now at startup it will start the decryption process but will only do it for about 2
    or 3 minutes, the decryption process stops and all of a sudden that drive just disappears. How can I fix this problem? Did the decryption process corrupt my drive while it went to sleep mode? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

89fox, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Failure when upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

In my case I was able to perform the upgrade after decrypting my hard disk. I use a third party tool called
    Becrypt. It loads a sequence during the boot start up. I had to remove it first by uninstalling the application (Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs) and then decrypting the hard disk. It took 160 hours to decrypt it, but at the end the
    upgrade carried out smoothly.

Gabriel_Amorim, Mar 23, 2018
  4. During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

Maybe you need to turn off "Secure Boot". My first thought.

play2mefish, Mar 23, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    We could use a lot more information. What did you Encrypt the drive with? BitLocker or something else?
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Security tab, as suggested, turn Secure or Safe Boot OFF. Go to the Boot tab, is UEFI enabled or Legacy? If the computer was Encrypted while UEFI was enabled and it is set to Legacy, then you would need to change it to UEFI, or verse visa.

spunk, Mar 23, 2018
  6. By "decrypting" do you mean you are using BitLocker? What exactly do you mean by "Windows is not booting" - is there an error message?

PolarNettles, Mar 23, 2018
  7. Unfortunately, I installed new window and my drive is giving this error
    Error recovering dusk I: A recovery key was not found on this drive. The drive cannot be unlocked.
    I was decrpting my 1 TB drive using bitlocker at 86% my system goes restart and windows was not starting. So I installed new windows and boom!
    Now I am getting error

Now please I need really help, I have full of drive data

HAROON2015, Mar 23, 2018
  8. During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

Just to clarify the sequence of events:
    1. You started the Bitlocker decryption process.
    2. The system rebooted.
    3. Windows wouldn't boot
    4. You reinstalled Windows onto the same drive.
    5. ???
    6. You get "A recovery key was not found on this drive. The drive cannot be unlocked."

How many drives do you have? Is Windows installed to the 1TB drive?

At what point do you get the error message? Is it during installation or during boot?

PolarNettles, Mar 23, 2018
  9. spunk Win User
    Boot off of the Windows installer, choose your Language, then press Shift+F10 to go directly to the Command Prompt.
    In the RE (recovery environment) Press Enter after typing each bold command:
    i) diskpart
    (ie) DISKPART >
    ii) list disk
    (ie) DISKPART > list disk
    It now lists disk by number
    you have to select the disk next with
    iii) select disk <disk number>
    (ie) DISKPART> Select Disk (disk number) = as listed in previous command. The selected disk now has an Asterisk next to it.
    iv) clean (this erases all data on the Disk, so be sure you choose the correct one)
    ie) DISKPART> clean
    v) list disk
    the status should be "online" and free space should be "disk size"
    ‘vi)exit

spunk, Mar 23, 2018
  10. Window not installed on 1 TB
    1 TB has only partition with full of data
    When accesing 1 TB drive, this is giving me error

HAROON2015, Mar 23, 2018
  11. Thank you for reply,
    I want my data back, I don't want to delete them ,

HAROON2015, Mar 23, 2018
  12. PolarNettles, Mar 23, 2018
  13. During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

Is it safe to use M3 data recovery software

HAROON2015, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting

1. During decrypting my drive my windows10 is not starting - Similar Threads - During decrypting drive

2. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  3. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Drive Decryption: someone help me my PC has taken 24hrs to drive decryption, and still now is ongoing decrypting, PC is frozen, stuck at 62.7% up to now, what is problem so far? I'm so tired...
  4. BitLocker Drive Decryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop LenovoT430/Windows10 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop LenovoT430/Windows10 no longer starts: lenovo recovery fails to restore system. I'm trying a restore from usb but I don't know if it's a fresh install or a restore. It asks me "istall now" but I just want to do a system update and not a fresh install. I don't know whether to go ahead with the danger of installing...
  6. My laptop LenovoT430/Windows10 no longer starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop LenovoT430/Windows10 no longer starts: lenovo recovery fails to restore system. I'm trying a restore from usb but I don't know if it's a fresh install or a restore. It asks me "istall now" but I just want to do a system update and not a fresh install. I don't know whether to go ahead with the danger of installing...
  7. My laptop LenovoT430/Windows10 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Not able to decrypt my folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to decrypt my folder: I had encrypted folder on my old laptop and trying it to open on new laptop but had not taken the back up of registry certificate from old laptop. Now old laptop is formatted in such a case can i get any support...
  9. Not able to decrypt my folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to decrypt my folder: I had encrypted folder on my old laptop and trying it to open on new laptop but had not taken the back up of registry certificate from old laptop. Now old laptop is formatted in such a case can i get any support...
  10. BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BITLOCKER UNABLE TO DECRYPT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE: Unable to open bitlocker encrypted external drive Windows 10 Pro Hello, I have not been able to open my encrypted hard drive on Windows professional Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063. The external drive was encrypted using this system (the same I am reporting now) and...