Windows 10: During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot

Discus and support During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Having an interesting one. Deploying a Windows 10 custom image using WDS/MDT. Using a Dell XPS 13 9350 and the Dell USB 3.0 Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dquattlebum, Oct 13, 2016.

1. During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot

Hello,

Having an interesting one.

Deploying a Windows 10 custom image using WDS/MDT.

Using a Dell XPS 13 9350 and the Dell USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter.

I'm able to boot to PXE, load Boot.wim to access my MDT task sequence, which then starts without issue.

The OS is installed, drivers are loaded, then it reboots to boot into Windows and complete the task sequence.

Once its booted into windows 10, the USB network adapter fails to initialize, shows that its failed installation in the device manager even though the device shows as having the correct driver. Unplugging and plugging the adapter back in allows the usb network adapter install and then I'm able to continue the task sequence which has another 2 reboots but doesn't have the issue again.

I've verified the correct nic drivers are being injected for the adapter but it just fails.

Log shows that its failing to load the driver for the usb nic.

This whole process works fine on other hardware I am using. I'm not seeing any driver conflict at all.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

:)

dquattlebum, Oct 13, 2016
  2. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Oct 13, 2016
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 13, 2016
Thema:

During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot

1. During MDT deployment, USB network adapter fails to install after boot - Similar Threads - During MDT deployment

2. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  3. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  4. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  5. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  6. Network Adapter / USB Ports Shutting Down After Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter / USB Ports Shutting Down After Boot: Hello friends, My motherboard-integrated Wi-Fi adapter Broadcom 802.11ac has been severely malfunctioning. Code 10, Code 12, not enough resources, device not installed, device disconnected, and then every now and then, it works perfectly before abruptly stopping. I've...
  7. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  8. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  9. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809: Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed. - Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed. - I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and...
  10. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to load driver from usb during mdt