Windows 10: DVD and cdr do not work

Discus and support DVD and cdr do not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dvd and cdr do not work in windows 10 how do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alladillabough, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DVD and cdr do not work

dvd and cdr do not work in windows 10 how do I fix this?

:)

alladillabough, Jul 11, 2018

2. How Can You Burn Files to CDR in Win10

Hi Duane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest to you insert the CDR/DVD-R in the DVD drive and then drag and drop files.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 11, 2018
  3. inkyphil Win User
    CDR Thumbnails and Windows 10

Having had the same cdr thumbnail view problems I tried your suggestion but nothing changed. Funny though that I can see cdr file thumbs that I have created and saved myself. It is just cdr clipart that seems to be the problem ( ie: not showing as a picture
    in explorer, ( just as an icon). Does windows 10 apps have a valid thumbnail viewer that will show cdr clipart thumbnails?

inkyphil, Jul 11, 2018
  4. DVD and cdr do not work

Microsoft 10 Blank CDR is not recognized

I am trying to burn an audio cd (.wav files to a blank cdr), but when I click to burn the disc, the cdr is ejected from the drive and a window pops up telling me to insert a blank cd. I tried multiple brands of blank cdrs on both Windows Media Player and
    Power2Go burning software, and this continues to happen. I have a Pioneer BDR-211UBK Integrated BD/DVD/CD optical drive, and it does burn DVD and Blu-ray discs fine, just not CDR's for some reason.

How do I fix this?

Thanks - B

BrianKelley1, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

DVD and cdr do not work

1. DVD and cdr do not work - Similar Threads - DVD cdr

2. DVD Player NOT recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player NOT recognized: I recently built my own custom PC. I have been trying for the longest time to get my DVD's to play and to get the DVD drive to show up. I have verified that my HDMI cord was still good, I even went to the depths of getting a adapter where I can plug in the HDMI cord and It...
  3. DVD Player NOT recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player NOT recognized: I recently built my own custom PC. I have been trying for the longest time to get my DVD's to play and to get the DVD drive to show up. I have verified that my HDMI cord was still good, I even went to the depths of getting a adapter where I can plug in the HDMI cord and It...
  4. DVD Player NOT recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD Player NOT reconzied

DVD Player NOT reconzied: I recently, built my own custom PC but for the longest time I have been trying to get my external DVD player to work. I have the DVD player plugged in, hooked in via HDMI cord to my PC. I even got a cable where I plugged it into this adapter and It plugs In VIA USB.Why after...
  6. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  7. How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...

How do I get CD/DVD Drive to work in apparent conflict with BounceBack back-up sofware in...: I have a Toshiba laptop L755-S5153 and BounceBack v20 installed. When I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the BounceBack copy engine was unable to load. I discovered that there is some sort of conflict with the CD/DVD drive because if I disable the CD/DVD drive,...
  8. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?: I see my DVD/CD drive in Device Manager. But, I don't see it in File Explorer. The drivers are up to date as well as Windows updates. Thank you....
  9. Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?

Any suggestions for free Blu-Ray/DVD apps for Windows 10?: I am looking for a free apps to play Blu-Ray/DVD's on Windows 10? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions-for-free-blu-raydvd-apps-for/ceccf835-4ca5-4435-8d86-567980210594
  10. external dvd cdr player

external dvd cdr player: New HP laptop, windows10 and I can NOT get an external dvd NOT BLU RAY movie or cdr audio to play. It recognizes the drive, and disc spins, then autoplay pops up only in file explorer, then file explorer stops responding.... 2 drives returned so far... I guess I need help on...