Windows 10: DVD blu ray drive

Discus and support DVD blu ray drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Aug 3, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

DVD blu ray drive

16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW

This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run.

It must be the drivers. Its not win 10, as I had this problem on 8.1 too.

Anybody got a link for some decent drivers? I do not have a brand name, sorry.

:)

elbmek, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Deano k Win User

Blu ray discs and drive not working on Windows 10

Both cds and dvds play fine but blu ray discs are still not working. It still will not recognise blu rays in both the bdrom drive and external blu ray drive i bought

Deano k, Aug 3, 2015
  3. DVD & Blu Ray Try To Play, But Can't

Hi Nathaniel,

I accidently marked your answer as solved my problem. However, it didn't because I have Blu Ray software and have the same issue.

Whether Blu Ray with Blu Ray software or regular DVD's, they will not automatically start the DVD. The only thing it does is tell me that a disc is in the DVD drive.

Also, when I plug in my external Blu Ray player Windows 10 does not recognize that the drive is plugged in. Therefore, I feel that my problem is, somehow, there is something wrong with Windows 10. I just don't know what it is.

Marco265MP, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

DVD blu ray drive

1. DVD blu ray drive - Similar Threads - DVD blu ray

2. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Windows 10 blu ray dvd problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 blu ray dvd problem: Hi, I have a question How can I play any disc like blu ray DVD on my windows 10 Samsung notebook 7 also named as LAPTOP-A368KD5U? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-blu-ray-dvd-problem/111bb6f6-5433-4b68-b9fe-5240f6a6a9ad
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  7. Blu-ray DVD recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray DVD recording: Do I need to format a Blu-ray DVD before recording data files into it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-dvd-recording/db37d907-8e4e-46d4-ae78-298d42bdd706"
  8. blu-ray drive inop.

blu-ray drive inop.: My blu-ray/cd/dvd drive no longer works since update from windows vista to windows 10 (on sony vaio vgc-lv1s desktop pc). The drive is Matshita BD-MLT UJ-225S USB DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-drive-inop/bc21d943-0c1e-4347-b5aa-21d047ade0e7
  9. playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer

playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer: have dell desktop trying to play dvd doesn't recognize. Put disk doesn't play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-blu-ray-dvd-in-desktop-computer/641e461f-9772-4f0a-ae80-7677824caba6
  10. W10 and ripping DVD's / Blu Ray's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 and ripping DVD's / Blu Ray's: Hi there One thing about W10 - a lot of programs I had problems with in the past seem to work perfectly now. This one works brilliantly for example. I use MAKEMKV now for ripping DVD's (FREE) -- there is a fee though if you use Blu RAY's but you get 30 days free trial....