Windows 10: DVD/CD Player not working

Discus and support DVD/CD Player not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ivann1938, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

:)

Ivann1938, Mar 20, 2018

2. AutoPlay does not work for DVD's in windows 10

Auto play does not work for CD's and DVD's in windows 10. Things I have tried is setting the defaults for DVD player or CD player.

steveRocket_763, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Is there any DVD player app or burner in Windows 10?

Original title: DVD's

The question is simple. Is there a DVD burner that works on Windows 10. Windows 10 has a media player that will burn cd such as cd-rw but not DVD's. We have slideshows created with movie maker but no way to burn them to DVD.we are talking DVD not CDs. We
    had it on Windows 7 but when we upgraded to Windows 10 we do not have a DVD player or burner. Downloaded DVD player app for 15 bucks. Uninstalled it would not work. Thank you for any suggestions. Remember the guest ion is about DVD not cd

RandyAbbott, Mar 20, 2018
  4. bobkn Win User

Do you have a bootable DVD or CD?

If so, I suggest using it to test the hardware. If you can boot from a DVD, then the problem must be within Windows.

bobkn, Mar 20, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Good idea.

If you don't have any bootable disks, the quickest and easiest way to make one is to use another PC with a working drive (if you have or can borrow one) and make a System Repair disk.

Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

6. Ivann1938 Win User
    Thank you. I'll work on that and let you know.

Ivann1938, Mar 20, 2018
  7. Helmut Win User
    Clean the optics in the DVD drive. Fortunately very easy on a Laptop where the tray comes out with the optics easily accessible.
    I use a torch at a low angle and a magnifying glass to check, and clean with a non scratchy material. The mechanism is delicate.

Helmut, Mar 20, 2018
  8. Ivann1938 Win User

Thank you, I'll try that. Everything else seems to be ending in tears.

Ivann1938, Mar 20, 2018
  9. Ivann1938 Win User
    Thank you Helmut, problem solved. Very grateful.

Ivann1938, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD/CD Player not working - Similar Threads - DVD Player working

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. cd/dvd player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd player: I am very disappointed in my purchase of this new lap top. Every time I try to play a cd, I get a window saying it was not installed properly and sends me to the store. I cannot find help there. I am ready to return the laptop....
  4. dvd cd player

dvd cd player: Hi. i have a problem with my cd drive. when i open it microsoft store pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cd-player/c2285b8a-29b3-40a5-ab91-8f9f5181eb89
  5. cd dvd players

cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  6. CD/DVD player will not work

CD/DVD player will not work: Has there been an update to fix the issue with the CD/DVD players not working after the change to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-player-will-not-work/8583962c-d624-4909-9590-8028aa769419
  7. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: Hello. My HP laptop has a built in DVD/CD player which I used quite a bit in the past. Since upgrading to Windows 10 none of the CD's or DVD's will play. Windows media player is installed. The device shows in DVD RW Drive E: Can anyone tell me why this is or what to do to fix...
  8. DVD/CD player not working

DVD/CD player not working: There is some kind of glitch with my windows media player on my windows 10, possibly the last up date? At first a few DVDs did play automatically but now nothing will play. There is no way to prompt the media player to play a CD or DVD! And even my other DVD player VLC will...
  9. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  10. dvd/cd Player not working

dvd/cd Player not working: hi since windows 10 upgrade I am unable to play CDs on my laptop or DVDs DVD/CD player will not open to play , I have checked bios, reloaded drivers ect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-not-working/bdc8115e-a5f3-41f3-8095-a35a335422dc