Windows 10: DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

Discus and support DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by matey72, Sep 3, 2018.

1. matey72 Win User

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

Hi

my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help

Thanks

:)

matey72, Sep 3, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Sep 3, 2018
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 3, 2018
  4. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

win 10 fails to recognise cd/dvd rom

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused to you.

This issue could occur due to corrupted or incompatible or outdated DVD/CD-ROM driver on your system.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “DVD/CD-ROM driver” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “DVD/CD-ROM driver” and click on “uninstall” the DVD/CD-ROM driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Download the latest DVD/CD-ROM driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

1. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore - Similar Threads - DVD Rom doesn't

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  4. dvd/cd-rom

dvd/cd-rom: Ever since 2/4/21 I have not been able to use my disc drive. Says operating normal but it wont open and I can hear it spinning. Have got a lot of error codes,,,, 2, 7023, 642, 257, 7030,215, 318,10010, 1534, 10002,...
  5. DVD/CD-ROM

DVD/CD-ROM: windows 10 does not find my DVD/CD-ROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/2ea72ae2-a716-44c5-86f7-a654e1dd0074
  6. DVD CD/rom

DVD CD/rom: DVD player not downloading program. Info says its working properly but it aint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-cdrom/e62e51e6-54ed-4c70-b2b2-be00e465b118
  7. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  8. DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc

DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc: My optical drive is ATAPI iHAS124 F, and when I put a disc in, the disc doesn't show on File Explorer. When I try to open the disc in VLC Media Player, it doesn't load, and if I select DVD RW Drive (E:) when it has the disc, it would show the hourglass and then not respond....
  9. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  10. DVD/CD rom

DVD/CD rom: My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvdcd-rom/dc8fdc32-ac8b-4d00-8a14-953fe64eb3f6