Windows 10: DVD/CD rom

Discus and support DVD/CD rom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamBlosser, Sep 3, 2018.

1. DVD/CD rom

My DVD/CD player is constantly running. I have hundreds of irreplaceable pictures on it and I'm afraid to eject the DVD for fear of losing all these pictures.

:)

WilliamBlosser, Sep 3, 2018

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

DVD/CD rom

CD/DVD Rom isn't playing

Hi,

Your concern about the CD/DVD ROM (Read-only memory) drive of your device can be due to software (device driver) and/or hardware issues. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on any CD or DVD.
    • If you're able to see the CD/DVD drive in File Explorer.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using in your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking this
    link
    to know more about the steps in resolving CD/DVD drive issues.

Note: The steps are posted under the Resolution section of the link.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

DVD/CD rom

1. DVD/CD rom - Similar Threads - DVD rom

2. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  3. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-Rom / DVD Driver: Hey! So the last time my cdrom / dvd driver was updated was 06/21/2006. I have upgraded from windows 7 on a lenovo AIO ThinkCentre so updating it through lenovo's site is worthless, since they don't update from 7 to 10. How do I update it? Device manager is basically...
  4. CD-Rom / DVD Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  6. Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...

Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do...: Win11 Home is installed, A Win11 Pro DVD is bought, I do not have a DVD rom, how can I do the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-home-is-installed-a-win11-pro-dvd-is-bought/8f7a385f-83b3-46de-86a7-92aa653fb2d0
  7. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  8. Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC

Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC: Can I buy an external DVD/ CD Rom for a HP S01-aF2023w Slim Desktop PC Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-external-dvd-cd-rom-for-a-hp-s01/08972ef9-3217-421c-93fb-8ad9f417475e
  9. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...
  10. Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 22H2 has issues with GTC2N slim dvd rom: Hello,I have a HP Eliitedesk 800 G1 tower that runs Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 22H2 is fully up to date, I am having the following issue with GTC2N find that windows 10 cannot find the CD Rom it is not listed in explorer, have removed the 2 entries from Device manger but...