Windows 10: DVD/cd writer cycling

Discus and support DVD/cd writer cycling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meebers, Jun 15, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

DVD/cd writer cycling

I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat this behavior. Weird or what! *Shock

:)

meebers, Jun 15, 2015

2. Can I get a driver for my cd/dvd writer for my laptop after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8, 8.1 again so I can still use my cd/dvd writer?

After upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1 to windows 10 I lost the cd/dvd writer driver, now I can't use my cd/dvd writer anymore which I know will be removed ( driver ) after installing or upgrading to windows 10. Can Microsoft will send me the driver for my
    cd/dvd writer even I need to pay a certain fee, so I can able to use my cd/dvd writer again?

Actually I restored twice to windows 8 but I can't still use my cd/dvd writer anymore.

My laptop is Toshiba and Samsung is the cd/dvd writer.

CecilioVillamin, Jun 15, 2015
  3. CD/DVD writer not shown in win 10

After upgrading window 7 to window 10, CD?DVD writer not shown but in window 7 its working. Plz help me, how to shown the DVD writer and also use some option provided on internet like device manager and show dvd writer but not show any dvd writer option
    in device manager

varinder singh 014, Jun 15, 2015
  4. DVD/cd writer cycling

What happens if you insert a disc?

It sounds as though an install might not have finished and is looking for the disc. Either that or the drive letter assigned to the Optical drive is referenced by a program (libraries, environment variables, any number of things).

Try inserting the Win10 DVD (if that's how you installed Win10) - see if any dialog window pops up.
    Try inserting a blank R-W disc - is there a burn waiting?

Also look at your environment variables
    Launch a command prompt and type

Set

Look for any references to the Optical drive letter.

You can also check your Services and Startup items - it's a mystery.
    Run [ msconfig ]

Any folder included in a library on the DVD drive letter?

You might also try just changing the DVD drive letter in Disk Management.

Slartybart, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

DVD/cd writer cycling

1. DVD/cd writer cycling - Similar Threads - DVD writer cycling

2. CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom CD/DVD Writer Cdfs.sys File disabled: cdfs.sys file always stops working.I am dual booting with Win 10 and 11 19044 22000. Latest updates.The Machine came with preinstalled Win 10 1909. Hp Notebook. The manufacturer only guarantees that the CD will work with that version and they are aware of the constant bugs...
  3. Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer

Sandstrom USB DVD/CD Writer: Installed Sandstrom USB CD/DVD writer on Acer Laptop but doesn't work - keep getting Windows Code 32 error message. Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers but still doesn't work? Any help would be appreciated,...
  4. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  5. Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer

Driver for Memorex MRX-800LU CD/DVD Writer: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I can no longer write to CD or DVD on my Memorex MRX-800LU. Memorex supplied a zip file with an update for Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, but it contains no .inf file and therefore the normal "Update Driver" function fails. Memorex insist that I must use...
  6. Samsung external DVD/CD writer on windows 10.

Samsung external DVD/CD writer on windows 10.: I need to use my external DVD/CD writer I have used it before but I was in windows 7.I am now using windows 10,can you help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-external-dvdcd-writer-on-windows-10/54b50d6c-fe72-43b1-a809-0729fc47cc0d
  7. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  8. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  9. Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player

Compatible external cd/dvd writer and player: Is there a compatible external cd/dvd writer/player that supports Windows 10? The only ones I see are supported up to Windows 8. 20991
  10. CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100

CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100: I have a Dell 8100 XPS and when the hard drive went, I restored from an August backup (using Microsoft's Windows 10 backup) afetr replacing the drive. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the Ethernet adapter so eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh. The only major...