Windows 10: DVD Drive all of a sudden missing

Discus and support DVD Drive all of a sudden missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So according to my bios the dvd drive is there but as soon as Windows 10 boot its not listen anywhere. Anyone else had this issue? 4692 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015.

1. JohnnyV Win User

DVD Drive all of a sudden missing

So according to my bios the dvd drive is there but as soon as Windows 10 boot its not listen anywhere. Anyone else had this issue?

:)

JohnnyV, Mar 16, 2015

2. windows 10 playing cd/dvd

my computer all the sudden does not recognize any dvd or cd that is put in the drive. why?

daynacromwell, Mar 16, 2015
  3. External drive

all of the sudden my external drive won't run the dvd's although the driver is recognized by the system

Richard Caldwell 800, Mar 16, 2015
  4. silv55 Win User

Try to get drivers from your PC brand web site or do the recovery.

silv55, Mar 16, 2015
  5. JohnnyV Win User
    I just refreshed my pc and now its working again.

JohnnyV, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD Drive all of a sudden missing - Similar Threads - DVD Drive sudden

2. Drive D Suddenly Missing!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D Suddenly Missing!: NB: I have 2 drive, SSD which is where my OS and apps installed and is C drive. While Drive D is HDD, for backup folder.My drive D occasionally missing, and i cannot access it. I checked it on Disk Management and here is the...
  3. Drive D Suddenly Missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D Suddenly Missing!: NB: I have 2 drive, SSD which is where my OS and apps installed and is C drive. While Drive D is HDD, for backup folder.My drive D occasionally missing, and i cannot access it. I checked it on Disk Management and here is the...
  4. D Drive suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive suddenly missing: Hi. Was working on my desktop HP, had some windows files open....came back after a couple of hours and my D drive/partition where all my files and pictures are stored is no longer there! I have not installed any new software recently. I tried disk management rescan, and it...
  5. DVD/CD drive missing

DVD/CD drive missing: Unable to find all drives except my C: drive. Even went into registry to try and delete upper and lower filters. They dont exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-missing/68b6d901-97d0-430b-81bd-67aebafa94cc
  6. Missing DVD Drive:

Missing DVD Drive:: I recently had my computer upgraded with new hardware, including motherboard, etc. Today I found that my DVD drive is not working. It's been several months since the upgrade so I thought I would try this on my own. I Googled a remedy and in the process, following...
  7. D drive suddenly missing?

D drive suddenly missing?: Yesterday I went to play a game I had on steam which was installed onto my D drive. I realized that the icon for the game just showed the white piece of paper with the corner folded, and upon clicking on the icon it said that the application was not found. The steam icon was...
  8. dvd drive will not function at all.

dvd drive will not function at all.: I have an HP, Win 10 Computer & a problem with the D drive that's not functioning. I can insert a Disc in the Drive & nothing happens except for the waiting circle[Green revolving] on the my Computer page . This continues until i finally am able to shut down my Computer...
  9. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: I hardly ever use it, so hadn't noticed until today that my DVD drive has disappeared from Device Manager (no DVD-CD ROMs appear there at all) and I cannot use CDs/DVDs in my PC. I strongly suspect Windows 10 as the culprit. I upgraded from W7 early August. However, I can't...
  10. DVD drive missing

DVD drive missing: Had NUMEROUS problems with Windows 10 and ran the reset program to reinstall Windows 10. Now, my DVD drive is shown in device manager but not in file manager so I cannot load all my software from disk. How do I get the DVD drive back so I can reloading TurboTax and other...