Windows 10: dvd drive can not read written files on disks

Discus and support dvd drive can not read written files on disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] 57960 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by demonius, Jul 29, 2016.

1. demonius Win User

dvd drive can not read written files on disks

dvd drive can not read written files on disks [​IMG]

:)

demonius, Jul 29, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

dvd drive not recognizing discs burned on computer

There are several different DVD "formats" DVD -R, DVD +$, DVD +/-R to name just a few. I suppose it is possible that your DVD player cannot read the format they are written in.

Try the problem disks on another computer, ie at work or in a library. Also, some disk formats have to be "closed" to be readable on other drives.

Rohn007, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Jairit Be Win User
    History Of E:\Drive and Access to Unreadable DVD

Hi,

There are two possibilities why you can't find any files in your DVD-R despite consumption of storage. First, the disk drive you're inserting your DVD-R is only capable of reading CDs. Second, the DVD-R could be in Blu-ray format, and the drive is unable
    to read such formats.

This all points to the new machine's disk reader. If possible, you can try opening the DVD-R on your old computer and see if you can access the files. That, or open it on a computer you're sure can read DVD-R disks.

Please try these steps first and see if you can access the files. We'll be waiting for your response.

Jairit Be, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

How about providing some explanation to go with the picture, since it doesn't tell me much.

Are you trying to send data to your CD/DVD burner?
    Can is read other discs?

Please explain more.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

1. dvd drive can not read written files on disks - Similar Threads - dvd drive read

2. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  3. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.: My new machine running Windows 10 won't read/write blank DVDs or CDs. I've tried several removable burners and they all produce the same error which states "Windows can't read the disc in drive F:\. Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is...
  4. DVD RW Drive won't read/write blank DVD or CDs but will read already written DVDs/CDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device File written to Disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device File written to Disk: [ATTACH] I've been using the command line as a simple means of writing short strings of text to a serial port, with the command echo string of text > COM4. COM4 is a device file, and attempting to write will it will redirect its output to the serial port COM4. More on...
  6. DVD drive will not read my software DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD drive will not read my software DVD: I have upgraded my hardware and my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-233C players will not read my software disc. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both drives, but this has not worked. I have tried installing new drivers and this has not worked This is what the event manager is...
  7. dvd drive not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dvd drive not reading: i just restored pc drive letters changed now my dvd drive is not reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-reading/57a31ac9-2a07-4415-aa57-01aa5f4381ff
  8. Files ready to be written to disk Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files ready to be written to disk Message: I have read other questions on here regarding the same thing, but haven't found one to address this. They all say 1. Click Start. 2. Click on Computer. 3. Click on CD/DVD drive. 4. If you have any data, you may delete it. HOWEVER, I don't want...
  9. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...