Windows 10: dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dvd player drive isn't listed and when you try and play a dvd the player spins but doesn't play anything since upgrading to windows 10. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by debdedoos, Jan 31, 2016.

1. debdedoos Win User

dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade

My dvd player drive isn't listed and when you try and play a dvd the player spins but doesn't play anything since upgrading to windows 10. I have checked in device manager and it says device is working properly. I have also done the upgrade driver and it says I have the latest driver. *Confused

:)

debdedoos, Jan 31, 2016

2. CD/DVD drive not recognised in Windows 10

On upgrading to Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire E15 Start my CD/DVD drive isn't recognised any more. It's an ST500LT012-1DG142

NickMcCoyUK, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Two DVD Drives; Only one is recognized after upgrading to Windows 10

*Original Title: DVD Drives

On windows 7 both of my DVD Drives where listed in Devise Manager.

After upgrading with the free Windows 10 upgrade only one DVD Drive is listed in Devise Manager.

I have down graded to windows 7 and both drives are again recognised. Up graded again to Windows 10, and again only one drive is recognised.

After this problem I am not to sure to bother with Windows 10, although apart from the above problem, I have been satisfied with the O/S.

Thanks

Cliff Winter

CliffWinter, Jan 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Microsoft provides the following support page for this issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

I think you will need to apply their fix no 5.

A quick way of doing it is:
    Right click the start button and open an admin command prompt and paste this in, hit enter and then reboot;
    reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

philc43, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. dvd drive isn't recognised after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - dvd drive isn't

2. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  3. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  4. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD Drive not recognising Blank DVDs after Windows 10 20H2 Update

DVD Drive not recognising Blank DVDs after Windows 10 20H2 Update: After installing the 20H2 update, I am no longer able to burn DVDs, as Blank disks aren't recognized. Looking at the Properties for the DVD drive in Device Manager, under Events, I can see: Device IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GH22NS50________________TN03____\5&1042348c&0&1.0.0...
  6. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  7. DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?

DVD Drive isn't working on Windows 10?: Just burnt photo files onto a disc using Ashampoo, when I tried to view the disk through my PC to see if it worked ok, nothing happened. A notice came up saying about setting, but when I clicked on it there was a white cross in a circle. Can someone help me and explain in...
  8. Upgrade of windows10 not recognising DVD

Upgrade of windows10 not recognising DVD: I am using windows 7 64 bit on a brand new computer partly home made 32G DDR3 I have downloaded Windows 10 upgrade. Unfortunately it doesn't recognise my DVD player. Checking the internet I am not alone in this. 53391
  9. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...
  10. DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade: Sorry, realised it was in the wrong section. 16888