Windows 10: DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10

Discus and support DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I installed Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and it works well except that my DVD drive is does not appear on This Computer. The DVD drive appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmurphy08, Aug 19, 2018.

1. mmurphy08 Win User

DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10

HI, I installed Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and it works well except that my DVD drive is does not appear on This Computer. The DVD drive appears in Bios but does not work. What do I change to make it work? Thanks.

:)

mmurphy08, Aug 19, 2018

2. CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10 [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

4. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD Drive not recognized on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD Drive recognized

2. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  3. My dvd drive is not recognized

My dvd drive is not recognized: My dvd drive is not recognized by windows 10. I try play many dvd but it is not playing any dvd and I think this happen after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized/38261ea3-e7c9-4d4b-9dd4-c2be23d02d44
  4. DVD drive not recognized in Windows 10

DVD drive not recognized in Windows 10: When I plug my DVD drive into my Surface Book, the computer does not see the DVD drive. Is this a firmware update issue or another issue? Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-recognized-in-windows-10/58219eba-83e4-418a-a9b2-77fcd6607d89
  5. DVD drive is not recognized by Windows 10

DVD drive is not recognized by Windows 10: The update automatically was done on system. Now I cannot seem to play DVD's in tower. It is not even showing up under computer file section. Anyone have an idea? ***Original title: Windows 10***...
  6. dvd drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd drive not recognized: I upgraded windows 7 to 10 when it came out but I failed to install the dvd player at the time, I went to purchase it from microsoft but the app doesnt recognize the drive f at all and the driver say cd not dvd not sure what to do at this point *Moved from Windows Vista to...
  7. DVD drive not recognized?

DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  8. DVD drive not recognized?

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drive not recognized?: The DVD drive in the Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) does not recognize the CDs. [ATTACH] The CDs are shown in file managers / other programs, there the drive letter is shown: [ATTACH] Drive Manger, Win: [ATTACH] How could the CD shown by all programs? 128554
  9. windows 10 not recognizing my dvd drive

windows 10 not recognizing my dvd drive: windows 10 does not recognize my internal dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizing-my-dvd-drive/070f8736-baa9-427d-b716-55fdbbeaadb1
  10. CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows

CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...