Windows 10: DVD Drive Problem

Discus and support DVD Drive Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external DVD drive connected via USB. I burned 3 DVDs successfully, but when I try to open the third one it says files waiting to be burned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by royw, Jan 24, 2018.

1. royw Win User

DVD Drive Problem

I have an external DVD drive connected via USB. I burned 3 DVDs successfully, but when I try to open the third one it says files waiting to be burned to disc but only shows a desktop.ini file instead of the 8 videos I burned. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

2. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my DVD drive...

Why doesn't Microsoft solve this DVD Rom problem. Everything worked well, I updated and now it no DVD drive. Dell DVD drive needs to be seen to be opened. I tried your methods to fix the problem to no avail. I did the paper clip method to open the
    drive put a dvd in and started the computer. The system found the drive I ejected the disk and closed the drive with no disk in it and the drive was not listed any more. Seems I found a way around the problem but this is a Microsoft problem and I wish they
    would fix it.

LamontCulp, Jan 24, 2018
  3. DFBernie Win User
    DVD Drive problem

Thank you, the DVD drive now works. The movie player in Windows 7, was better than the one in Windows 10. The new one flickers with black angles on all parts of the screen. Best way to know what I am talking about, is to watch a DVD, using the player
    that comes with Windows 10.

DFBernie, Jan 24, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

DVD Drive Problem

What type of disc did you use? If you used a DVD-RW disc, you have to finalize the disc or Close Session.
    Put the burned disc back in the drive and go to This PC right click the DVD drive and choose Close Session.
    If you used a DVD-+R the burn was not successful, try it again. DVD+-R discs are burn once media. If it fails, you have to throw it away. Also, unless you chose Multi-Session burning, you will not be able to add files to a previously burned R disc.
    If you have problems with Windows built in Disc Burner, try downloading the Free CDBurner XP. Start the program and choose to make a Data Disc. Drag your files to the lower window to burn.
    If you are trying to burn movie files to play in a set top DVD player to your TV, these files will need to be converted into a DVD format.

spunk, Jan 24, 2018
  5. royw Win User
    spunk, I used a DVD-RW disc aand burned all 3 DVDs using the DivX Player program. There was no reference to finalising the disc or Close Session and I assume the DivX program took care of that. When I right click the DVD drive and open Properties there is no reference to Close Session and the DVD is not shown. The files I burned were all in the DivX format and were all video files. The disc capacity is shown as 0 MB.

I do not understand what is causing the problem because the DivX program said all 3 burns were successful and the other 2 DVDs play perfectly. Do you have any other ideas?

6. cereberus Win User
    You do not finalise DVD RWs. I am guessing DVD RW is faulty.

cereberus, Jan 25, 2018
  7. royw Win User
    spunk, sorry for unintentionally misleading you. The discs I used for all 3 DVDs were DVD-R discs.

8. royw Win User

DVD Drive Problem

spunk, I inserted another DVD-R disc and this time it showed up properly in This PC and the DivX Player program burned the DivX videos successfully. I don't know what caused the problem originally but all's well that ends well.

royw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DVD Drive Problem

1. DVD Drive Problem - Similar Threads - DVD Drive Problem

2. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  3. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  4. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD drive problems

DVD drive problems: Neither the internal nor an external USB DVD drive are able to be accessed Toshiba satellite 55 laptop. Device Manager states; "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19". "This PC" APP...
  6. I have problem with dvd drive.

I have problem with dvd drive.: i can't find dvd rw drive in file explorer.there is no cd/dvd drive in device manager.please help me to solve this. my system Acer Aspire E5-511-P1RJ wndows 10 home intel pentium quad core processor....
  7. DVD Drive problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Drive problem: Upgraded from 7 to 10 years ago. Had a virus and had to wipe and reinstall from download. DVD drive is visible but will not read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-problem/210cbbdf-22cd-42b2-974a-4d924c1d20a1
  8. dvd drive problem.

dvd drive problem.: DVD sounds as though it's working, in "This PC" DVD RW Drive "D" Shows name of inserted dvd but won't play. Under wording is "0 bytes free of 6.84 GB". Have tried most things including downloading another dvd app but no joy. Have considered uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. External CD/DVD Drive Problem

External CD/DVD Drive Problem: Hi, I've just bought a Rioddas external cd/dvd drive - there were lots of reviews online assuring me that this product was compatible with Windows 10. I connect the drive to my laptop Acer Aspire via the USB3.0 slot. It shows up in my computer under 'devices and...
  10. DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?

DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop. When I insert a "new" DVD, then try to open it, I get message: "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:\. Make sure the disk uses a format the windows recognizes. If the disk is unformatted, you need to format it before using it"....