Windows 10: DVD drives being accessed during Windows start screen

Discus and support DVD drives being accessed during Windows start screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded from W7 to W10 and, so far, have not had any major problems. However, I have noticed that during the WIndows start-up cycle my DVD drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Harlock, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Harlock Win User

DVD drives being accessed during Windows start screen

I upgraded from W7 to W10 and, so far, have not had any major problems. However, I have noticed that during
    the WIndows start-up cycle my DVD drives are being accessed, causing them to grind unnecessarily and delaying
    the start-up. This wasn't happening with W7. It would boot right up from the SSD system drive.

Is anyone seeing this behavior? Is there a way to stop the drives from being accessed/scanned during the boot cycle?

I'm using Comodo for the firewall and Avast for virus protection. The BIOS is set to boot from the SSD as the primary,
    with no other drives specified.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

:)

Harlock, Aug 14, 2015

2. please need help accidentally deleted my windows os while trying to upgrade to new hdd

What is the exact error for the "missing media driver?" It could be a bad installer. How exactly did you burn the DVD, and were did you get the ISO from? Start over to

Create Windows 10 Installation Media
    . If the DVD fails again try the flash stick installer. You may have a bad batch of DVD's or they are too old or scratched.

If you have UEFI BIOS then boot the DVD as a UEFI DVD drive, delete all partitions during the install using the Drive Options at the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.

Unplug all other drives and peripherals.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Error using USB bootable Windows 10 ISO

Thank you very much for your help!

MargretheHeering, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

DVD drives being accessed during Windows start screen

1. DVD drives being accessed during Windows start screen - Similar Threads - DVD drives being

2. I can't access DVD drives in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access DVD drives in windows 10: Help! I can't access DVD drives in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-dvd-drives-in-windows-10/cd267c5a-75e3-4666-b196-bc293ce05d5c
  3. I can't access DVD drives in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access DVD drives in windows 10: Help! I can't access DVD drives in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-dvd-drives-in-windows-10/cd267c5a-75e3-4666-b196-bc293ce05d5c
  4. I can't access DVD drives in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows DVD Player Starts off Black screen: I have been starting the DVD to watch movies and it starts off with the black screen and it's not working properly and is there a way to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  6. DVD not being detected

DVD not being detected: I put a Dvd into my computer that has windows 10 on it the dvd drive makes a noise and the thing that indicates loading shows up but the dvd I put in is never detected....
  7. DVD start

DVD start: I inserted a dvd. it won't load automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-start/badefec4-204b-493f-9b83-5591cc49ee40
  8. DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read

DVD drive not showing up/DVD not being read: My DVD drive was working fine yesterday it went into hibernate mode and upon logging back in the drive no longer showed in my drive list nor is it recognizing the DVD (I've tried multiple). I had several updates that I had been putting off so I allowed those but it did not...
  9. DVD Drives Causing Black Screen

DVD Drives Causing Black Screen: Guys, I did a clean install of Windows 10 and, because of problems with installation,I disconnected all unnecessary DVD drives and expansion cards etc. I decided to reconnect my DVD drives today to two spare ports on the mobo but, when I started the computer I got a black...
  10. White splash screen during start

in Windows 10 Support
    White splash screen during start: Hi folks, I have win 10 pro installed on my dell e6410. When I start my laptop I see very bright blank white splash screen for 2 seconds during the boot process. The sequence is as folows: 1- I press start button and it powers up 2- Windows 10 logo screen appears 3- Very...