Windows 10: DVD maker and movie maker

Discus and support DVD maker and movie maker in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 12, 2016.

1. DVD maker and movie maker

I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS.

I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via live essentials or something like that. But I would prefer standalone install for both. I don't want all the other bloat that live essentials has. Plus it has things like live mail in it and I wouldn't want to risk conflict with the native mail app already on 10 etc. So is there a way to standalone install these from a safe source?

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Apr 12, 2016

2. windows dvd maker for windows 10

The Movie Maker is a neat and simple utility but, It is not the DVD maker with a greater versatility to create higher quality DVD and movies that that Movie Maker is not a fair comparison. It would be like comparing Windows Paint to Photoshop or Paint
    Shop Pro.

RickHworth, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Will the DVD Maker & DVD Player be included Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and was disappointed to find the DVD Maker and DVD Player are no longer included as I used them a lot in my

old machine with Windows Movie Maker.

Will the DVD Maker & DVD Player be included Windows 10?

If not, any suggestions as to the best DVD Maker & Player to obtain that will work with Movie Maker.

RogerHGilbert, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

DVD maker and movie maker

With Windows Essentials you can pick what programs you want to install.
    Movie Maker is included with Photo Gallery.
    I use Photo Gallery to upload videos from my Cannon camcorder and then edit with Movie Maker.

DVD Maker is not available anymore as MS did not want to pay to license the codex for DVD's

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/essentials

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 12, 2016
  5. Ok thank you. That's a shame about dvd maker, it was a nice program. I'll check it out!

Scottyboy99, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Is there a way to get DVD maker on Windows 10? I really do miss that program, but I doubt there is a way. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 13, 2016
  7. Doesn't look like it since MS brutally ripped out DVD playback codecs. Shame cause I liked it too.

i installed the essentials but only movie maker and photo gallery. Weird side effect that after a reboot all my desktop icons had been re arranged. And then in Windows store loads of native apps required updating again. They were upto date prior to the install. So I updated them all, put my icons back and all was well.

wanted to use the Live Photos screensaver as the default photos one is so featureless and dull. But it kept re arranging my desktop icons that were in top left of my screen everytime it started. So I put it back to default photos

Scottyboy99, Apr 13, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

What kind of DVD's do you want to burn??
    I use CDBurnerXp for ISO's and Free Make Video Converter for movies.

BunnyJ, Apr 13, 2016
  9. Ah thanks! I will have to try that CDBurnerXp! *Biggrin I am trying to burn a DVD to play on DVD players, but I have DVDStyler and that thing is pretty cool, but when I make a DVD it can't be played on a DVD player sadly *Sad So I am trying to look for others. *Smile

10. hTconeM9user, Apr 13, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I found that the latter(Free make) is nice to convert/burn movies. CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

BunnyJ, Apr 13, 2016
  12. *whistle* Looks nice! I will have to try that as well. I kept looking on the internet and that never popped up. Thanks! *Biggrin

Edit: I just saw you have to pay for it, only trial *Sad

13. DVD maker and movie maker

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Bummer.. both of the ones I suggested are free. *Wink

BunnyJ, Apr 13, 2016
  15. And that's whats a word I want to here *Smile

Thema:

1. DVD maker and movie maker - Similar Threads - DVD maker movie

2. Movie Maker:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Movie Maker:: For some reason all my pictures are showing up in a screwed up style where half the picture is vertical and the other half is horizontal. I don't know how I managed to do this. I don't make movies, just take pictures and can't figure out how to get rid of Movie Maker and get...
  3. movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movie maker: how do i pull up movie maker to import a movie from external source * Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/973c0358-49ea-48eb-8179-2121ed75de21
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movie Maker: I am using Windows Movie Maker. Could you recommend how I can update this app? I have a problem with importing my photos into the Movie Maker. I didn’t find the way to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/30b569d0-b084-4ae1-9286-95429eb6d1d8
  5. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  6. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  7. movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    movie maker: Can I set things up so the movie restarts - i.e. runs in a loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/105acc25-3935-45da-afa2-dd05b9ed422d
  8. Movie maker

Movie maker: I have made a Project in Movie Maker. I saved this Project, and also saved an mp4-file. I also made a new name of the Project (and I understand now that this was wrong.) I now have to make som changes in the Project (film) - but a lot of the film-Clip is not there. Black...
  9. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker Version 2012. I am unable to show it on other computers. Is there a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/movie-maker/eac7668f-f097-40d6-b55a-c76702644200
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...