Windows 10: Dvd not reading

Discus and support Dvd not reading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was just watching a movie with vlc media player then i went to pop another movie in my cd was making noises. Not like it did for the previous dvd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AuroraC-97, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Dvd not reading

I was just watching a movie with vlc media player then i went to pop another movie in my cd was making noises. Not like it did for the previous dvd. The new movie is a rental from redbox n so i thought it was the sticker, so i removed it (dont worry i bought the movie before hand) then i pop it back in and then it made a worst noise. I dont know what to do i really miss the old windows movie player and not having to jump all over just to watch a movie here on 10.... But like i said i just watched a movie and now with the new dvd in its throwing a fit with it.

:)

AuroraC-97, Jul 16, 2018
  2. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Jul 16, 2018
  3. jgunning Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

Did it come with a warranty..?It should just work.. *Cool Dvd not reading :cool:

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Dvd not reading

DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Dvd not reading

1. Dvd not reading - Similar Threads - Dvd reading

2. DVD Error in Reading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Error in Reading: Today I found a very old DVD in my collection. It was first written on it in 2007, like it is shown on it. The problem is, although it does not have bad scratches on it, my PC processes it VERY slow. Just clicking on it, it takes like 2 minutes of working. And when I finally...
  3. DVD Error in Reading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Error in Reading: Today I found a very old DVD in my collection. It was first written on it in 2007, like it is shown on it. The problem is, although it does not have bad scratches on it, my PC processes it VERY slow. Just clicking on it, it takes like 2 minutes of working. And when I finally...
  4. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  5. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  6. My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...: I have updated the firmware and updated the driver but the old driver 2006 seems to return and WQindows keeps saying I have the latest driver..The DVD Drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50I frequently record tv PROGRAMS on DVDRW discs on my DVD RECORDER which all played and...
  7. My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...

My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...: I have updated the firmware and updated the driver but the old driver 2006 seems to return and WQindows keeps saying I have the latest driver..The DVD Drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50I frequently record tv PROGRAMS on DVDRW discs on my DVD RECORDER which all played and...
  8. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  9. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  10. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.