Windows 10: DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available

Discus and support DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX [img] I wanted to burn an ISO to dvd and clicked Burn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Sep 16, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available

Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX

DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available [​IMG]

I wanted to burn an ISO to dvd and clicked Burn on the context menu. The above message came up. Checked Device Manager and there was no indication of the dvd. On a chance I mounted a music cd. It was recognized and the music is now playing. It also appeared in Device Manager. So I know the drive and driver are ok.

Is it possible that the drive can't be written to? It is hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH.

Apparently there is no burning software present in Win 10. I tried Burn Aware with no luck.

If need be I will replace the drive but that's pretty drastic for an almost brand-new pc.

:)

tcebob, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Kaoru24 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 10 issue with dvd burners.

My LG BH10LS30 burner shows up as an available drive. It burns and plays regular dvds. It also recognizes and plays purchased bluray dvds.

However, it is not recognizing blank bluray disks (used memorex and and sony) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Kaoru24 Win User
    Windows 8 or 10 do not recognize blank bluray disks or play bluray disks previously burned from the same burner

I have a twist to a Windows 8 and 10 issue with dvd burners.

I have had a Dell 8700 desktop with a LG BH10LS30 bluray burner for a couple of years. When I was on Windows 8, I had no problems playing or burning regular or bluray DVDs.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though the burner shows up as an available drive, it did not recognize blank bluray disks (I have used Memorex, Sony, and Verbatim BD-Rs thus far) and will not play bluray disks previously burned from the same
    burner.

It was able to play commercial regular and bluray dvds with no problems.

I recently had a problem in Windows 10 and had to use recovery disks to go back to Windows 8.1. And now I've lost more functionality....it now doesn't recognize or play (those burned with videos) regular blank DVDs either.

I still can play purchased regular or bluray DVDs.

I've googled and tried various things I've seen posted, but no success yet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Kaoru24, Sep 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The DVDRW part indicates it can use both R and RW discs. But a Search on duckduckgo.com shows the first result as LDS [Mormon] video discs. Further checking shows the first letter of the model could be a P as in PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH. This page suggests it's only a CD-ROM:
    http://www.binarydb.com/driver/hp-PL...SH-276315.html
    This Dell page suggests a multi-format drive:
    Driver for PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16ABS - Disk Drives (HDD, CD/DVD, Blu-ray) Forum - Disk Drives - Dell Community

Many times hardware issues with an ODD/Optical Disc Drive will cause only the CD-ROM [Read Only Memory] to work.

For free burning might try CDBurnerXP.
    CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

Berton, Sep 17, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Wow, Berton, you are on the ball! Thanks for your response.

Good news: I changed settings/auto play/removable drive to Open Folder. Then popped in a disk and it recognized it! Don't know if its a causal relationship. The Windows burner worked and I burned my ISO. Maybe expecting it to boot was overreach; It didn't. But that's another question.

Edit: Downloaded CDBurnerXP. Will see if that will help

tcebob, Sep 17, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. For burning, especially .iso files, I keep Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning installed, about $30USD at Wal*Mart. I'm going to put CDBurnerXP on an HP 620 Notebook and a Dell Vostro 1510, both rehabs and just waiting for a keyboard for the HP so I don't have to use an external keyboard [don't know how the client's granddaughter managed to pop all the F row caps plus a couple others off, must have been bored or mad].

Berton, Sep 17, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    tcebob, Sep 17, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

There's an unwritten rule, buy something and a few days, weeks or months later it usually will be cheaper somewhere. May have to get a couple.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available - Similar Threads - DVD recognized blank

2. Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD: I'm trying to burn an mp4 video to a blank DVD+RW. However, when I inserted the blank disc and tried burning it through Windows Media Player Legacy, a pop up appeared: "Please insert a blank disc in CD drive E:. On WMPL detects the new disc, it will automatically start...
  3. Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD: I'm trying to burn an mp4 video to a blank DVD+RW. However, when I inserted the blank disc and tried burning it through Windows Media Player Legacy, a pop up appeared: "Please insert a blank disc in CD drive E:. On WMPL detects the new disc, it will automatically start...
  4. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  5. Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank DVD is not recognized in File Explorer: Sorry for the length of this. I simply want to completely explain the problem with the hope that it can finally be resolved.I have a Dell XPS desktop system with an Intel i7 processor, an internal Dell DVD-RW drive, and an external ASUS Blu-Ray DVD-RW. I have windows 10 Home...
  6. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning DVD for System Repair Disk: For full time for 10+ days have been trying to create a "system repair disk" on a blank DVD. I've tried everything that is at all promising, and so far nothing works. 10 days of full time work is a very long time to do some routine task. The computer is an HP laptop. The...
  7. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning DVD for System Repair Disk: For full time for 10+ days have been trying to create a "system repair disk" on a blank DVD. I've tried everything that is at all promising, and so far nothing works. 10 days of full time work is a very long time to do some routine task. The computer is an HP laptop. The...
  8. Burning DVD for System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. DVD-RW formatting option not available on blank disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD-RW formatting option not available on blank disk: This problem has never happened to me before, and I have followed guides to this, and none of the solutions work. When I insert a new Verbatim DVD-RW into my DVD burner, windows pulls up a dialog box when I try to open the explorer:any help would be appreciated!...
  10. DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's: I have an HP CDDVDW SH-216ALN When I insert a blank DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R File Explorer says that there is no disc in the drive. However it will read a CD and a commercial DVD The discs are not faulty since they are all read in my husband's computer without any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank dvd not recognized

2. windows not recognizing blank dvd

3. blank disc not recognized

4. blank dvd not recognize,
  5. empty dvd disk not recognized,
  6. dvd recognized but not recognisedwhen using burning software,
  7. windows not recognizing dvd burner cd blank burn p,
  8. windows not recognizing cd burner or ejecting suddenly,
  9. empty dvd not recognized