Windows 10: DVD not working on windows 10

Discus and support DVD not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My DVD player seems to have stopped recognizing dvds its fine with cds no problem at all but dvd nothing.. It is doing the exact same thing on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisLowe1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. DVD not working on windows 10

My DVD player seems to have stopped recognizing dvds its fine with cds no problem at all but dvd nothing.. It is doing the exact same thing on my laptop, both machines were originally windows 7 and both have been upgraded and recently updated, Im almost sure at one point they did both work on windows 10.. Any help please??

:)

ChrisLowe1, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Aug 16, 2018
  3. DVD Player dont work in Windows 10

Hello Gilbbe,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with DVD player not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Step 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 16, 2018
  4. DVD not working on windows 10

Windows 10 dvd player stopped working.

Hi Linda,

• Is the DVD drive not detecting DVD’s or is the drive itself not detected by Windows?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below if the DVD drive is not detected and check.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on the issue above, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

DVD not working on windows 10

1. DVD not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - DVD working

2. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  3. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  4. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  6. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...: DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, MSI XX470 gaming plus , Ryzen5 3600, corsair vengeace lpx2x8gb 3200mhz , Corsair rm850w gold, samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m2 sata, dvd TEAC DV-W524GSD, video- sapfire radeon rx5700xt , OS...
  7. DVD NOT WORK , NO SEE ICON IN MY COMP, NO SEE IN DEVICE MANAGER , ONLY SEE IN BIOS ,,, ,...

8. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...
  9. STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working

STILL waiting for answers about external DVD not working: Sorry this is long, but it's my 3rd try to get an answer on this. It seems that I only get a response to my first post and follow-up questions are ignored even though the other person has been posting frequently for over a week each time.Recap of problemNo internal DVD drive...
  10. usb 3.0 dvd driver does not work after UPDATE V 22H2 installed on 11/16/2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb 3.0 dvd driver does not work after UPDATE V 22H2 installed on 11/16/2023: Window 11 HomeAfter the the most recent WIN 11 UPDATE V 22H2 installed on 11/16/2023 my USB 3.0 CD/DVD does not work.MthsTec RW DVD- was working before the update.When I connect it to a 3.0 USB hub it does not play or recognize a dvd disk...just keeps connecting and...