Windows 10: DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't)

Discus and support DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do you recommend a DVD player app for Windows 10? I bought the Windows DVD app, but it does not work! Reading reviews, apparently others have issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StefanArt, Aug 7, 2018.

1. StefanArt Win User

DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't)

Do you recommend a DVD player app for Windows 10? I bought the Windows DVD app, but it does not work! Reading reviews, apparently others have issues with it. I'm hesitant to try the free ones out there, as I don't want malware. Any better suggestions? thanks.

:)

StefanArt, Aug 7, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows DVD Player can't open

Please read this Microsoft article regarding Windows DVD Player.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...ows-dvd-player

excerpt:
    To be eligible for the free DVD Player app, you must upgrade your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 PC rather than perform a clean installation. If you’re running an edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 that doesn’t include Media Center and you upgrade to Windows 10, go to Windows Store to buy Windows DVD Player or another app that plays DVDs. Provided your PC has an optical disc drive, Windows DVD Player will play DVD movies (but not Blu‑ray Discs).

davidhk, Aug 7, 2018
  3. gtspeck Win User
    Windows DVD Player can't open

I upgraded about 1 yr ago from 7 to 10. I had the Media Center. The Windows DVD player was working fine till the other day.

gtspeck, Aug 7, 2018
  4. DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't)

DVD PLAYER NOT WORKING

Original Title: DVD PLAYER

SEQUENCE:

Plug in ASUS DVD player to ASUS ZENBOOK.

Insert DVD.

Device found and working. DVD spinning and TITLE recognised and listed in bar.

POP UP: Tap to choose what happens with DVD films.

I tap and the choices are FIND A NEW DVD APP IN STORE or TAKE NO ACTION.

I already have WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER , WINDOWS 10 FILM & TV and QUICKTIME installed but am NOT given a choice of which player to use.

I have tried setting all three as default with no effect.

The driver for the player is working - or the disc would not be recognised.

No other fault is being flagged: no error codes or suggestions.

This is a new laptop with WINDOWS 10 pre installed. I've had updates in the last few days so I can't see that anything is missing.

At a loss.

SICKTOTHE BACK TEETHWITHMICROSOFT, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't)

1. DVD player app that's safe, and actually works (Windows DVD player doesn't) - Similar Threads - DVD player app

2. DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player not working: Hello, The DVD player on an EliteBook 8440p that I use isn't working. I insert a DVD or other disc, and I hear it whirring and making noises but when I click on the drive, it always opens the DVD tray and asks me to insert a disc. I followed all the instructions on the...
  3. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: DVD Player recognized but won't play any DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/525fcffd-01bb-42c4-8063-47d5b0e1f7d6
  4. DVD player not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD player not working: After latest update May 2020 DVD player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/4087f94a-d1de-4b19-a6cc-23a7ae51bc5a
  5. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: DVD player not working. Getting Code 19. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/05799b4b-faf0-4921-96e0-ffc6f18f04b4
  6. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: I purchased a accessory DVD player (USB) because the built in player wont work on 2 different laptops, different models, Windows 10. The USB DVD player works very poorly and it's very difficult to play any DVDs. Is there a software problem or bug with Windows 10 that causes...
  7. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  8. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: On a Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 The TEAC DVD-ROM DV18SA will not load/run any DVD's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/2461b978-8a06-4fa3-b9c1-4a92fe3835e9
  9. dvd player doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd player doesn't work: The free trial said my dvd player was compatible, so why, when purchasing the full version, does it not work? I tried a different program, and it actually plays my dvd....
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are free dvd player apps safe

2. is mix dvd player safe

3. safe dvd player aoo

4. is dvd player safe,
  5. safest dvd player app,
  6. is microsoft dvd player app safe,
  7. dvd player apps that actually work,
  8. safe app dvd player laptop