Windows 10: DVD Player not working

Discus and support DVD Player not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CaptainNoAction, Nov 10, 2015.

1. DVD Player not working

Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working.
    - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message
    -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden
    -Shows that it is working properly and on bus #5
    -On Device Manager, my IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers have 2 items dropped down and both are Standard SATA AHCI Controller, uninstalled both, reboot, nothing fixed. No ATA Channel 0 or 1
    -Did the cut and paste of "reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001", and it did not work
    -Tried the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}". Nothing
    - Had the upper but not lower. Deleted upper
    - Did the Hardware and Device troubleshoot fix and nothing. Everything is good
    -Did the 3 Methods and nothing worked

So, thats all that I can think of. I have no idea what to try now. I have been on many forums, here especially. Read many topics, it seems most people had the dvd player missing on the Device Manager but not my case. I am thinking of adding another dvd player and seeing what happens but have to wait till tomorrow.

Any help, insight, seance would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

CaptainNoAction, Nov 10, 2015

2. The Windows 10 DVD Player won't work.

You are right. The thread is about the Windows DVD player not working.

So, what solution has been provided that seems to clear up everyone's struggles with it since August 4th?

Don't see any proposed solutions to making Windows DVD player work marked as "Helpful". Just responses saying the proposed solutions don't work.

Those trying to get WIndows DVD player to work apparently don't have an alternate DVD player that they purchased, otherwise they wouldn't care that the Windows DVD player doesn't work. Ergo, they only care about the Windows DVD player because it's free
    with Windows 10. So, finding another free DVD player (VLC) is a solution to the free Windows DVD player not working.

You have issues with the VLC player. If the choice is a free DVD player that doesn't have all the features you want, and a free DVD player doesn't work at all, then I would opt for the free DVD player that can't do all that I want. At least I can play
    my DVDs for free.

Musimatician, Nov 10, 2015
  3. download windows 10 then downloaded a dvd player now when I make dvds they wont play on the t.v. dvd player

Had windows 8.1 upgrades to windows 10 downloaded third party dvd player all dvd's made will work on computer but not on regular t.v. dvd player How do I fix the dvds to work on all dvd players?

silly willy, Nov 10, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

DVD Player not working

I would try to update the chipsets driver first. This includes drivers for the SATA controller and should improve compatibility. If after that the DVD is still not working, try to delete it from Device Manager, restart the computer and let it find it again.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

DVD Player not working

1. DVD Player not working - Similar Threads - DVD Player working

2. DVD Player not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player not working: Hello, The DVD player on an EliteBook 8440p that I use isn't working. I insert a DVD or other disc, and I hear it whirring and making noises but when I click on the drive, it always opens the DVD tray and asks me to insert a disc. I followed all the instructions on the...
  3. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: DVD Player recognized but won't play any DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/525fcffd-01bb-42c4-8063-47d5b0e1f7d6
  4. DVD player not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD player not working: After latest update May 2020 DVD player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/4087f94a-d1de-4b19-a6cc-23a7ae51bc5a
  5. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: DVD player not working. Getting Code 19. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/05799b4b-faf0-4921-96e0-ffc6f18f04b4
  6. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: I purchased a accessory DVD player (USB) because the built in player wont work on 2 different laptops, different models, Windows 10. The USB DVD player works very poorly and it's very difficult to play any DVDs. Is there a software problem or bug with Windows 10 that causes...
  7. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  8. DVD player not working

DVD player not working: On a Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 The TEAC DVD-ROM DV18SA will not load/run any DVD's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/2461b978-8a06-4fa3-b9c1-4a92fe3835e9
  9. DVD player does NOT work

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD player does NOT work: IF it can't be fixed I'm going back to WIN7 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-player-does-not-work/43671cd0-c2a0-4612-bc3e-5b20e4a313c8
  10. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...