Windows 10: DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

Discus and support DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by albert1, Aug 1, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

Hello,

Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH

I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected.

Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific region for a dvd to be played and that the region can be changed a maximum number of 5 times afterwhich will be stuck on that region and no more changes to regions can be made even when re-installing a fresh copy of Windows 10.

I'm looking at a Stephan Segal series where I watched series 1 from Netflix and haven't been able to find series 2 streamed online. So after looking around found series 2 on DVD being sold on Amazon, however there is a warning about requiring a region 2 dvd player in order to play.

I don't know anything about dvd regions as I've only rented dvds where region wasn't an issue.

I have an older Sony DVD player purchased new over 10 years ago that rarely used any more. Model dvp-ns55p that has no region code on the back. I don't recall it having any region settings from it's setup menu. I'll connect it to the monitor to see if there are any region settings.

If no region settings does this mean the Sony Player is multi-region?

Should I be wary of changing the region of the dvd player installed under Windows 10?

:)

albert1, Aug 1, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Can U change region code on dvd with software ?

hi all,
    is there any software out there that will let me copy a region 1 dvd movie onto my pc and then make so i can copy it back onto a blank dvd to work in my region 2 blu-ray player ?
    i have about 15 region 1 dvd's from when i had my multi region dvd player but since changing to my blu-ray player its not multi region and i think it would cost too much to change a pioneer lx-81 to multi region.

fireblade77, Aug 1, 2018
  4. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

Windows 10 will not allow any region changes to the DVD driver

Hi Dig,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if region settings is done correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the region settings from region 2 to region 4 ( Australian).

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings and then click
    Properties.

4. On the DVD Region tab.

5. Under list of regions, scroll down the mouse to search for Australia from the list and click on it.

6. Then region 4 will be listed below, then click on Ok button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with DVD region settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

1. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation - Similar Threads - DVD player settings

2. Curious change in region settings in Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Curious change in region settings in Authenticator: When I sign in to Microsoft I'm told I am in another country. Same thing happens sometimes in Amazon. I have been in the US all along nd have not recently moved. My Windows 10 region is listed as United States. Should I be concerned?...
  3. External CD/DVD region change error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External CD/DVD region change error: Hello, I am having a problem with a new external CD/DVD player I just bought. It came set for Region 2 but I need it to be set for Region 1. I have attempted to change it in Device Manager, and I get the following error: "Please make sure the drive contains a region 1...
  4. Can this DVD Player be used with all region DVDs, IE: Swedish DVD movies?

Can this DVD Player be used with all region DVDs, IE: Swedish DVD movies?: I bought a version of the movie on EBay that was considerably cheaper than a us version of the same movie "War and Remembrance" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-this-dvd-player-be-used-with-all-region-dvds/e2e19945-1a53-45e6-9a42-5b79e506c420
  5. Change region of laptop dvd player

Change region of laptop dvd player: The dvd player of my laptop works fine for dvds in U.S, but I understand you can change the format of this player for a European - zone 2 format. How do you change to that format? 136313
  6. Chnge region of laptop dvd player

in Windows 10 Support
    Chnge region of laptop dvd player: The dvd player of my laptop works fine for dvds in U.S, but I understand you can change the format of this player for a European - zone 2 format. How do you change to that format? 136313
  7. DVD Regions

DVD Regions: So I can only change the DVD region setting 3 times ?? How can that still be? Is there a way around this restriction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-regions/e47ab9aa-5388-4349-b5ac-f6606cc5beb0
  8. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  9. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation: Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific...
  10. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation: Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific...