Windows 10: DVD problem

Discus and support DVD problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I insert a DVD I see this. How can I fix this? [img] 87153 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Jun 19, 2017.

1. mobile1 Win User

DVD problem

When I insert a DVD I see this. How can I fix this?

DVD problem [​IMG]

:)

mobile1, Jun 19, 2017
  2. -=DVD=- Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

So, the Fall Creators Update has been released yesterday, but I haven't even been prompted for the Creators Update yet. My pc is not that old, bought it last summer. I have no idea as to why I'm still running version 1607 or wether it's safe for me to upgrade
    to either one of these newer versions. Will it screw up my drivers if I do? I am running Windows 10 Pro btw.

Any input would be appreciated.

-=DVD=-, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Erson Mag Win User
    DVD problem

Hello Derick,

We would like to know more about your issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you made any software or hardware changes on your PC when this issue started to happen?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Just to clarify, are you using Windows DVD Player or another application to play DVD/CD in Windows 10?
    We look forward to your response.

Erson Mag, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

DVD problem

I'm assuming the DVD is an ordinary Video DVD that plays in other players. Has it played in DVD Player before?

What version and os build is your Windows? Has DVD Player stopped working after a recent update? Did you buy DVD Player or get it free (as I did) because you upgraded to Windows 10 from a qualifying 'Media edition' of Windows? If you bought it you could try reinstalling it from the Store.

Mine is still working normally in the Creators Update (version 1703, os build 15063.413) but others have reported the same "Unsupported video type or invalid file path" problem as you after the Creators Update.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-03d7fb1038e9

The error message has been reported many times in the past too, it seems to have had various causes. Most of the threads remain unresolved, often giving up and using the VLC Media Player as a more reliable alternative.

5. mobile1 Win User
    I am running Windows 10 with the latest updates.

What update should I uninstall?

mobile1, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Which version? 1703, 1607 or 1511 can all correctly say they have 'the latest updates'.

I have the latest updates too, but my DVD Player is working. It's therefore unlikely that an update is the cause.

7. Berton Win User
    Could be an issue reading the disc or the disc drive could be bad, I've seen a number of both situations. Have also seen where shutting the computer down and pulling out the power cord plus, in the case of a Notebook/Laptop removing the battery, then putting everything back has helped.

Berton, Jun 19, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

DVD problem

Dos that mean it turned out to be the DVD that was faulty after all?

9. mobile1 Win User
    It does this with all DVDs.

mobile1, Jun 20, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Has it ever worked before? If so, was anything installed or updated around the time it stopped working.

What version is the Windows DVD Player - click its 'three dots' menu and select 'About'. Mine says 3.6.1329.0.

How did you get the player? Did you purchase it from the Store? Was it installed automatically because you upgraded to 10 from a qualifying version of Windows? Or did you get it some other way? The repair options available depend on the answer to this question.

What version and build number of Windows do have? Run Winver to find out. Mine is 1703, build 15063.413

11. mobile1 Win User
    It worked before.

It is DVD player version 3.6.1329.0.

The player came with Windows 10.

I run Windows 10 with all of the latest updates.

mobile1, Jun 20, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    Please give the version and full os build number as shown in Winver. Just saying 'all the latest updates' doesn't narrow it down enough - there are three versions of Windows 10 that description could equally well apply to.

13. enigma101 Win User

DVD problem

Does this include data DVDs? Could you try if you have any?

enigma101, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DVD problem

1. DVD problem - Similar Threads - DVD problem

2. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  3. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  4. Problem with DVD /CD Player

Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  5. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  6. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  8. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  9. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  10. dvd drive configuration problems

dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...