Windows 10: DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

Discus and support DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SomaTGW, Jul 28, 2017.

1. SomaTGW Win User

DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows.

:)

SomaTGW, Jul 28, 2017
  2. DFBernie Win User

DVD Drive problem

When you say DVD drive is not listed, does that mean it is not detected in Device Manager?

Basicly it lists C:/ and D:/ which are both Hard drives, but there is nothing shown for the DVD drive.

What happens when you press the eject button?

The DVD drive ejects if you press the eject button on it, but Windows 10 does not register that it is open. Same as when a DVD is in it, the drive reads it, and windows is suppose to show this but it doesn't.

What does it exactly mean when you say “ it is not registering it”?

Basicly it does not see that drive. Has no knowlege of it, as if it does not exist.

Trouble is, that Windows 10 was suppose to install, and leave everything set as it is. But for me it did not do that, and left out something that is useful, when it comes to installing a program. The DVD drive work for windows 7, and was in the list of
    drives.

DFBernie, Jul 28, 2017
  3. vytalis25 Win User
    DVD room

Hello. wanna ask. have a question when I trying eject dvd room from my computer its says "an error occurred while ejecting DVD RW drive" tried ur methods from device manager and still same problem. Other thing when I pressing eject button on pc it don't
    work how to fix that ?

vytalis25, Jul 28, 2017
  4. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

I had a HP DVD writer that started not opening the tray when I pressed the open button, it might open after about 8 presses. Just got so annoying, I just got a new burner and it works fine. So, I would say hardware failure.

mfmathis75, Jul 28, 2017
  5. SomaTGW Win User
    Mine worked before after about the same amount of presses. Now I can press a hundred times without anything. Luckily a DVD burner isn't expensive.

SomaTGW, Jul 28, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Funny, that's the same mode of failure I'm having on my desktop DVD drives - eject button fails.

NavyLCDR, Jul 28, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    The button is probably bust. Just right click the drive in My Computer and choose Eject.

Steve C, Jul 28, 2017
  8. SomaTGW Win User

Yeah, been doing that, gonna plan to invest in a new rewriter in the future.

SomaTGW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button - Similar Threads - DVD Reader ejecting

2. Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader: I recorded home movies and pictures onto a DVD on my MS 10 computer but the DVD disc will not play on my Sony DVD player on the TV. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-on-sony-dvd-reader/ee33acc2-cd9a-428b-aa24-9d2a46294568
  3. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  4. DVD drive not ejecting

DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  5. Dell Laptop does not eject DVD

Dell Laptop does not eject DVD: I was duplicating a DVD of my pictures. When done I could not eject the disk. Disks completed burn and said ready for removal. System has all current updates. Driver worked fine yesterday....
  6. Getting a dvd to eject

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a dvd to eject: I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-dvd-to-eject/a1f9197e-dbe8-4911-8463-0b1366dedc29
  7. External DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....
  8. Pressing eject button on laptop DVD drive locks up Windows 10 Ent

Pressing eject button on laptop DVD drive locks up Windows 10 Ent: When I press the physical eject button on my laptops DVD drive Windows 10 completely locks up. Tray doesn't open either. Frozen cursor, ctrl alt del does nothing. I have to force a shutdown by holding the power button down. Going to My PC, right clicking the drive and...
  9. Phantom DVD Reader

Phantom DVD Reader: I installed Win 10 Pro TP x32 in a Desktop with a Pentium D an early build and it worked fine. I had an EIDE DVD reader which I removed afterwards. Now every time I try to install a new build of Win 10 it appers as option 2 to boot: sellecting option 1 (DVD WR SATA) setup...
  10. Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD: I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE EJECTING DVD RW DRIVE