Windows 10: dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10

Discus and support dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after upgrade to 10 my dvd-rom doesn't show i get the message Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bluzeboy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. bluzeboy Win User

dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10

after upgrade to 10 my dvd-rom doesn't show i get the message
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

:)

bluzeboy, Nov 11, 2015
  2. NemanjaN Win User

CD/DVD ROM problem after upgrading to Win 10

After the upgrade to Windows 10, my CD/DVD ROM stopped working. When I put the CD to burn files on it, it didn't started the driver (as on Win 7). That partition on My computer (This PC) didn't show up. When I installed a program for burning, it showed a
    message box that the burning is not available and I have no rights to access the burning ROM. With other words, my PC doesn't recognize any CD or DVD. HELP?

NemanjaN, Nov 11, 2015
  3. After upgrading to Window 10 my computer is not showing any dics entered in my computer

after upgrading to window 10 my computer is not showing any dics entered in my computer ,but when i attach aditional cd,dvd rom it is showing , please tell me what i do?

UsmanBravo, Nov 11, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Your chipset drivers have been replaced with generic Microsoft drivers from Windows Update. Download latest chipset driver from motherboard manufacturer and install them. Restart your computer and then the DVD should be detected and installed. Then hide any driver updates to keep Windows from replacing it again.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  5. bluzeboy Win User
    i did as you suggested no luck
    ir an intel motherboard
    dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10 [​IMG]

bluzeboy, Nov 12, 2015
  6. bluzeboy Win User
    your original advice was correct after all

bluzeboy, Nov 12, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Unfortunately Intel has changed their site and it is hard to find drivers for your devices. To save you the trouble, here is the latest chipset driver that matches your H87, my H61 and other chipsets. Don't worry that it says for Intel motherboards, it works in all motherboards with the same chipsets.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2015
  8. bluzeboy Win User

thanks again it took me a while to find the right driver,but i found that Intel utility & found the correct driver.
    its all good now

bluzeboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. dvd-rom doesn't show after upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - dvd rom doesn't

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. DVD rom showing as cd rom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD rom showing as cd rom: submitted by /u/smoka1711 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwffrd/dvd_rom_showing_as_cd_rom/
  4. CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer

CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer: My built in CD/DVD drive on my laptop is not showing up in Windows explorer I've tried fixing it in Device manager following instructions online , but nothing seems to work. When I check for driver updates, a Windows message states that the best driver for this device is...
  5. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  6. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  7. my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10

my dvd rom doesn't work properly in win10: hi I upgraded my win7 to win10 and after that my dvd-rom doesn't work properly.it runs CDs but write and DVD is not work. windows detect the drive without any problem in device manager & troubleshoot and it says that the best driver is installed successfully. my dvd-rom...
  8. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...
  9. My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly

My DVD-Rom doesn't work properly: Well I only noticed this now, when I tried burning the Windows 10 ISO on a DVD. The setup doesn't work, it returns an error. I also tried using Alcohol 120% to burn the image but it also fails with an error. I had a rewritable DVD lying around so I put it on my laptop, tried...
  10. DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD ROM not recognised after Win 10 upgrade: Sorry, realised it was in the wrong section. 16888