Windows 10: DVD-R's with zero free space & used space

Discus and support DVD-R's with zero free space & used space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have approx. a dozen DVD-R's that were included with a large stack of new DVD-Rs that appear to have been written to. From the DVD drive properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by albert1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

DVD-R's with zero free space & used space

I have approx. a dozen DVD-R's that were included with a large stack of new DVD-Rs that appear to have been written to.

From the DVD drive properties show "zero space", "zero used" and "zero capacity"

From File Explore I'm not able to find anything on each of the DVD-R's.

Before tossing them I'm trying to figure if there's a way to access the written data on these unknown dvd-r drives?

Their labeled MAGNAVOX DVD-R 4.7GB DATA - 120 MINUTES - VIDEO 1 - 16X SPEED.

:)

albert1, Jul 29, 2018

2. Storage space

Hello Mick,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to delete the said files and folders?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2018
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

The Space Race

Not as interesting as @CAPSLOCKSTUCK posted stuff but space related anyway:

On 15 January ESA astronaut Tim Peake and NASA astronaut Tim Kopra stepped outside of the International Space Station to replace a failed power regulator and install cabling.

Drone, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD-R's with zero free space & used space - Similar Threads - DVD R's zero

2. Zero defect white space deselect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zero defect white space deselect.: If I accidentally move my cursor to white space when selecting multiple files to perform an action, what is causing my files tto be deselected? The question really comes down to, how does this action of deselecting multiple files when accidentally clicking on the white space?...
  3. free vs used space

free vs used space: Hello there, My E hard drive only had 14gb of a game files and I emptied the drive now, but it still shows some used space in drive properties note : I already deleted the 2 temp folders , from the "temp" and "%temp%" of the run cmd. [ATTACH]...
  4. Free Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free Space: I have a 500Gb SSD drive and checking the storage in settings it told me that the drive had 476Gb which I understood of which 367Gb were used and 109Gb were free. Hoping to free up some space and not wanting to delete my pictures or Music, I decided to tidy up my folders and...
  5. free space on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    free space on ssd: My skill testing question is: why is it that in Explorer, I'll see the free space on my SSD down, let's say, about 30 Gigs. After a nice fresh reboot, that space is freed up. It seems this is is not a continual thing but once in a bit, I'll notice the free space isn't what...
  6. Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free: Album with a few photos showing the issue and my configuration. This issue is likely of mine own doing, but I don't know enough about Storage Spaces to know where I went wrong. I began the pool with 4x8TB drives, then added 2x10TB drives later on. I recently safely removed...
  7. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  8. free up space

free up space: how do I free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/0e7474ee-5360-483a-9e9e-7342c9c5f530"
  9. Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  10. Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...