Windows 10: DVD-R's with zero free space & used space

Discus and support DVD-R's with zero free space & used space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have approx. a dozen DVD-R's that were included with a large stack of new DVD-Rs that appear to have been written to. From the DVD drive properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by albert1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

DVD-R's with zero free space & used space

I have approx. a dozen DVD-R's that were included with a large stack of new DVD-Rs that appear to have been written to.

From the DVD drive properties show "zero space", "zero used" and "zero capacity"

From File Explore I'm not able to find anything on each of the DVD-R's.

Before tossing them I'm trying to figure if there's a way to access the written data on these unknown dvd-r drives?

Their labeled MAGNAVOX DVD-R 4.7GB DATA - 120 MINUTES - VIDEO 1 - 16X SPEED.

:)

albert1, Jul 29, 2018

2. Storage space

Hello Mick,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to delete the said files and folders?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2018
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

The Space Race

Not as interesting as @CAPSLOCKSTUCK posted stuff but space related anyway:

On 15 January ESA astronaut Tim Peake and NASA astronaut Tim Kopra stepped outside of the International Space Station to replace a failed power regulator and install cabling.

Drone, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. DVD-R's with zero free space & used space - Similar Threads - DVD R's zero

2. Free space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free space in windows 10: Hi, I need to free up space in the unit in windows 10 as I do some link or understandable steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-space-in-windows-10/85baaa22-56a0-4e6c-9abc-f2d89fb35cd9
  3. Disk Properties is getting free space and used space wrong on my disk drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Properties is getting free space and used space wrong on my disk drives: I have a LOT of disk drives attached to my desktop under windows 10. I was surprised recently to get a message that there was not enough free space to hold all of the files and folders that I was trying to move. Free space in Explorer said 1.3 TB. Actual free space turned...
  4. free space on Recovery D.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    free space on Recovery D.: how do I free space on Recovery D..it's almost full and is running super slow. I went to clean but says there is 0 bytes on D yet its full. My laptop is running super slow....
  5. free up space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free up space: As expected, my brand new laptop came pre loaded with a bunch of system programs/apps games ect. I have only done online browsing and only downloaded a word document. Besides the fact that I got this laptop for work and need to download some apps to keep me organized, the...
  6. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  7. Free space for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free space for Windows Update: I have a stick PC attached to my lounge room TV with very limited space on the system disk, but I have installed an SD card to provide additional storage and I have moved as many programs over to it to free up C drive space. Why can I not use the SD card (treated as internal...
  8. Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  9. Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  10. Treesize not showing Free space - confusing now and not useful

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Treesize not showing Free space - confusing now and not useful: Hi there Confusing results from Treesize Free Shows "C" parent 100% allocated (approx. 85 GB on "C". However HDD (it's an SSD) is actually a 232GB with approx. 100 GB Free space. Treesize used to show what % of HDD was used. why do people UPDATE apps with LESS...