Windows 10: DVD RW Drive (E:)

Discus and support DVD RW Drive (E:) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope I am proceeding correctly being that I am new to any type of forums. I usually get my limited information by askjeeves. However, of late, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybobsquires, Apr 19, 2016.

1. DVD RW Drive (E:)

I hope I am proceeding correctly being that I am new to any type of forums. I usually get my limited information by askjeeves. However, of late, I am coming into more issues with windows 10 than anyone can answer yet understand so please be gentle until I get up to speed.
    I would like to know how to change the dvd drives NAME (not letter} in windows 10. Also, how do I get rid of a folder in the MY PC just under OneDrive and just above the C: and D: drives?
    Might I ask that you share the answers in such a way that an average attentive 9 year old could follow. I have run into some real 'techno geeks' who can't seem to understand this after 15 minutes of talk and 4 pages later.
    Fortunately I made a backup of my registry and restore point which I had to do twice now. Lastly, when I put my PC back to the restore point it appears that order of my files in folders lost its alphabetical characteristics.
    I can drag my files to order but when I go to open them they open with a different content of what was next in line.
    A little help on these 3 issues please! What say you?

:)

billybobsquires, Apr 19, 2016
  2. DCG-Ktac Win User

DVD drive label not displaying correctly

When I assign the SD Drive to any other letter (say GDVD RW Drive (E:) :) it shows in explorer as "USB Drive (GDVD RW Drive (E:) :)"

When I assign the DVD Drive to G: it shows in explorer as "DVD RW Drive (GDVD RW Drive (E:) :)"

When I assign the SD Drive to E: it shows as "SD Drive (EDVD RW Drive (E:) :)"

When I assign the DVD drive to E: it shows as "DVD RW Drive (EDVD RW Drive (E:) :) SD Drive"

If I assign the dvd drive to G and the SD drive to E at the same time (or vice versa), the same thing happens with the display names in explorer.

DCG-Ktac, Apr 19, 2016
  3. I can't see the discs content

The library doesn't show the DVD RW Drive (E)

AntonioChavez1, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

DVD RW Drive (E:)

Hi, welcome to tenforums.
    I wonder if you could post a screenshot (picture) of your explorer showing the first point? (Use the icon to the left of the video icon above to upload your picture).

Mine looks like this (ignore the colour - I don't like staring at almost white):

DVD RW Drive (E:) [​IMG]

Not sure what you mean about alpha order of your files.. in explorer, just click on 'Name' in the left column above your file/folder names to order them.. or do you want to apply the same setting to all folders like this:

DVD RW Drive (E:) [​IMG]

The DVD/RW drive doesn't appear in explorer unless sthg is inserted, when the label reflects what's inserted, so I'm unsure what you want to do there... change the DVD RW Drive legend, assuming that's what you see?

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

DVD RW Drive (E:)

1. DVD RW Drive (E:) - Similar Threads - DVD Drive

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  5. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  6. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  8. DVD drive not working

DVD drive not working: When I insert a DVD in the drive, nothing happens. When I double-click the DVD drive icon and insert a disk, the little circle spins until I close the window.On startup, the DVD drive appears in BIOS.The DVD drive also appears in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and Windows...
  9. DVD drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Acquired new device. DVD/CD drive on old computer does not function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acquired new device. DVD/CD drive on old computer does not function: Dear Sir/ Madam,Having recently bought a new computer I was disappointed to find it did not include a DVD drive. I understand why. I thought I would be able to use the one on my old computer but Windows Media Player seems to have been disabled.Regards Malcolm Cutlan...