Windows 10: DVD will not play

Discus and support DVD will not play in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laserbeam125, Jan 12, 2018.

1. DVD will not play

I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching videos but I was trying to listen to some videos on the Pittsburgh Steelers website and they would not play. Any suggestions?

:)

Laserbeam125, Jan 12, 2018

2. D drive will not play a DVD but will play a cd

Andre,

Thanks again, and I will let you know it the problem just happens to go away. DVD will not play :)

Fred

Fred Davis Jr, Jan 12, 2018
  3. D drive will not play a DVD but will play a cd

Well, if its been more than 10 days since you upgraded, you would have to downgrade manually. I suspect you are experiencing a compatibility issue with Windows 10 1709.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

DVD will not play

Berton, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Because the ability to play DVDs was removed from Windows Media Player in Windows 10, along with the Media Center. Allegedly this was because of the high cost of the licences required for the DVD codecs.

VLC is a good free 3rd party player, or you could purchase Microsoft's 'Windows DVD Player' (rather basic, but functional) from the Store.

6. Thank you so much for the replies I will try the VLC/VideoLAN, I didn't know Microsoft ended these, so now I know, again thank you.

Laserbeam125, Jan 13, 2018
  7. Thank you, it worked great.

Laserbeam125, Jan 20, 2018
  8. MrHudson Win User

DVD will not play

Do you have Flash Player enabled. websites use that for videos.

MrHudson, Jan 22, 2018
  9. MrHudson Win User
    Good to know Berton,, I have Cyberlink Power Media 14 installed, more likely has trial use then wants me to purchase it.

MrHudson, Jan 22, 2018
  10. So far VLC/VideoLAN, is working great, it looked so familiar I believe I had it many years ago, a few OS's ago.

Laserbeam125, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

DVD will not play

1. DVD will not play - Similar Threads - DVD play

2. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  3. which software is best to play DVD on external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which software is best to play DVD on external drive?: Using a Lenovo i5 laptop, which is a little over one year old, running windows 11 Home. The external DVD drive is from Lenovo but it seems to want me to buy software in order to play the disc. Lenovo wants $69 to make it play, good for 30 days only. Which software would you...
  4. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  5. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...: I was told by Microsoft that DVDs could be played for free on my computer. I paid $15 for an app to play DVDs on my computer in addition. I still don't have the slightest idea of how to make the DVD in my computer right now play!...
  6. I can't understand how to play a DVD on my computer. I was told it was free. I paid...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  8. dvd not playing

dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  9. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...
  10. How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?

How can I play a DVD rom PC game from 2008 on windows 11?: Hi! So I've had this game called Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp since I was a little girl for PC and was obsessed with it. Recently I bought a copy of it to play again, but it just doesn't run on my Windows 11 computer. I've tried everything; compatibility mode, using a...