Windows 10: DVD won't play movies on my notebook

Discus and support DVD won't play movies on my notebook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaLapham, Jul 31, 2018.

1. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP

:)

LisaLapham, Jul 31, 2018

2. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP

LisaLapham, Oct 1, 2018
  3. i can not play dvd or movies in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to play dvd movies on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the error message you get when you try to play the dvd movies?

• Which application or program are you using to play the movies?

• Did you try to use the DVD Player app?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

DVD won't play movies on my notebook

Unable to play movies on DVD

Hi Mary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What exactly you mean by "play it on the DVD player"? Does the issue occur while copying the moving to a DVD and then playing it on the computer?
    • Did you tried playing the DVD on a different computer?

You may try to copy movie on a different DVD (different brand) and check if it helps.

Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

DVD won't play movies on my notebook

1. DVD won't play movies on my notebook - Similar Threads - DVD won't play

2. rented Movie won't play

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    rented Movie won't play: Hi,I'm in Luxembourg. I want to play Ratatuille movie in German. I just get an error message.I'm on Windows 10.I want to play in HD.I can't find the movies and films entry in the apps section.Thanks....
  3. rented Movie won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rented Movie won't play: Hi,I'm in Luxembourg. I want to play Ratatuille movie in German. I just get an error message.I'm on Windows 10.I want to play in HD.I can't find the movies and films entry in the apps section.Thanks....
  4. rented Movie won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  6. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  7. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. playing dvd videos and movies on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    playing dvd videos and movies on pc: Videos on dvd do not play on my windows 10 pc; only files are shown. How to get auto play going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-videos-and-movies-on-pc/3dee7e4c-fc5c-4706-a0b6-ca90a21ea395
  9. Auto Play DVD Movie is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Play DVD Movie is not working: I went thru a recent upgrade, and now cannot get the display for the auto play dvd option. Can you please help and find out what I can do to get this feature back? Margie...
  10. Won't play movies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't play movies: My windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 won't play movies. I can't figure out why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wont-play-movies/c733c4c3-c84d-4dc1-90b6-2062ffd9d102