Windows 10: DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra

Discus and support DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; *Mad*Mad DVD writer not seen on my computer unknown device (suspect is dvd writer) 34491 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vittigor, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Vittigor Win User

DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra

*Mad*Mad
    DVD writer not seen on my computer
    unknown device (suspect is dvd writer)

:)

Vittigor, Dec 19, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

DVD Drive shows as "Unknown device" in Device Manager

It may be an issue with that particular drive as similar issues have been reported before such as

here

One thing left you could try is a "repair" install of Windows 10 which may correct a configuration issue:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

As a general precaution back up any critical files prior to attempting a repair.

auggy, Dec 19, 2015
  3. 1970APO Win User
    windows 10 cd/dvd drivers problems

I have had the same problem with the loss of the DVD Player. My Laptop is an ACER Aspire 5553 and the DVD drive which came with the laptop is a Hitachi-LG Super Multi DVD Drive - HL-DT-STDVDRAM Model GT31N.

I cannot find any drivers from ACER or on the Hitachi/LG websites.

The DVD drive works perfectly in Windows 8.1, but after installing Win 10, the DVD drive does not show. If I add the standard CD-ROM driver from within Win 10, the drive still does not work.

I rolled back to Win 8.1 and the DVD drive worked perfectly. I reinstalled Win 10 and it does not work. The screen shot below is from Win 8.1. It has two drivers. Although, one looks the same as in Win 10, the one in Win 10 does not make the DVD drive
    work (or the eject button).

Please create an update to fix this. I am not going to edit the registry.

Microsoft should have ironed out these faults before releasing Windows 10.

It is both time consuming and annoying to have try to work out what is going wrong, when a multi-million £/$ company should get it right first time.

DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra [​IMG]

1970APO, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra

1. DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra - Similar Threads - DVD Writer GU40N

2. Hitachi LG Slim CD/DVD writer not appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hitachi LG Slim CD/DVD writer not appearing in Device Manager: Connected my new LG/Hitachi slim cd/dvd writer (model number: GP60NB60.AUAE12B) to my Dell G5 5500 laptop, but it's not recognized, it doesn't appear in Device Manager. It does appear in This PC though, if that's a good sign? I have read that a lot of people have sorted this...
  3. Dell Inspirion 3542 DVD writer and camera is not working.

Dell Inspirion 3542 DVD writer and camera is not working.: Friends, I have Dell Inspirion 3542. My laptop have HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N DVD writer part number 9M9FK and Camera part number VFVY9 is not working. Several time I Uninstall/ delete and install it but its not working. In My computer DVD writer is showing the icon, if i...
  4. External DVD writer

External DVD writer: I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 connected on my system and I can't write to a cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-writer/0c0230c0-a010-4549-80e3-cf214bd71676
  5. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I bought DVD+R to burn files to with my DVD Writer and the disks are unusable. What is the proper type DVD Disks to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-writer/291ebd36-15de-49be-9aee-7cf30dca0515
  6. DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10

DVD writer not recognized by Windows 10: I have a Samsung DVD writer model SE-208GB/RSDB that is not recognized by Windows 10. I don't know what happened but tried to reinstall it and it is not recognized at all. I have tried reaching Samsung to see if there is a driver I need but can't seem to get through to them...
  7. DVD Writer

DVD Writer: I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?...
  8. DVD writer not recognised

DVD writer not recognised: My laptop DVD writer showed as such in device manager, but in Windows it only showed as a CD drive and would not recognise DVDs On the advice of a friend, I deleted the CD registry key, in the belief that are a reboot it would go back to normal. unfortunaely it's not...
  9. Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work!

Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work!: Hello, I've just done a clean install of Win 10 on a Dell Latitude E6410. I didn't have acccess to Dell's own driver setup discs, so it's just what I got from Microsoft. Windows appears to run OK, but there's no sign of my DVD drive. That is, there are no DVD/CD entries in...
  10. CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100

CD/DVD Writer/BD Reader Not Recognized as Writer By Dell 8100: I have a Dell 8100 XPS and when the hard drive went, I restored from an August backup (using Microsoft's Windows 10 backup) afetr replacing the drive. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the Ethernet adapter so eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 fresh. The only major...