Windows 10: DVD Writer

Discus and support DVD Writer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyMQF, Aug 8, 2018.

1. AndyMQF Win User

DVD Writer

I recently had to buy a new laptop. It is a very nice Asus but doesn't have the CD drive I had in my old computer. I was sold a DVD Writer. Can I play my music CD's on this Writer?

:)

AndyMQF, Aug 8, 2018
  2. kukane Win User

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Aug 8, 2018
  3. LG 24x External DVD Writer/GE24 does not load

Hi

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the DVD Writer is detected and listed in Device Manager.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

If the DVD Writer is not listed in the Device Manager, let us run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update DVD-ROM drivers and check.

If the DVD Writer is listed in the Device Manager, lets Update the DVD-ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + R on the Keyboard.

• Type in devmgmt.msc and click on
      Ok

• Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending
      DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

• Right click on the Graphic driver and click on
      Update driver Software.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 8, 2018
  4. DVD Writer

Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hi Manalulu,

In order to help you with your concern about your portable DVD writer not working with your Surface Pro, kindly answer the following questions first:

• How are you connecting the portable DVD writer to your Surface Pro?
    • Is this the first time you are going to connect these two devices?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you use the DVD writer to your Surface device? If you do, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

DVD Writer

1. DVD Writer - Similar Threads - DVD Writer

2. is samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11: is a samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11? I used to use it with a windows HP computer and now I have a windows 11 HP computer and I am unable to open already downloaded files , as well as , unable to open the actual DVD using the portable...
  3. is samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11: is a samsung portable dvd writer model SE 208 compatible with windows 11? I used to use it with a windows HP computer and now I have a windows 11 HP computer and I am unable to open already downloaded files , as well as , unable to open the actual DVD using the portable...
  4. is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?

is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?: We have a plex writer but need a driver to make it work. Don't know where to find it. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-plex-writer-dvd-software-driver-to/4a8eb51d-095b-4de2-9473-959d0ef21e96
  5. is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a plex writer dvd software driver to obtain?: We have a plex writer but need a driver to make it work. Don't know where to find it. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-plex-writer-dvd-software-driver-to/4a8eb51d-095b-4de2-9473-959d0ef21e96
  6. DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 RECOGNIZED AS TSS CD/DVD BURNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 RECOGNIZED AS TSS CD/DVD BURNER: Hi, I had a problem with DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 but I already figured it out. I think the reason of not working device could be Windows 10 Hyper-V faulty driver or something common with viritualization because:I installed VirtualBox with Windows 7 and there this DVD writer...
  7. DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 RECOGNIZED AS TSS CD/DVD BURNER

DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 RECOGNIZED AS TSS CD/DVD BURNER: Hi, I had a problem with DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 but I already figured it out. I think the reason of not working device could be Windows 10 Hyper-V faulty driver or something common with viritualization because:I installed VirtualBox with Windows 7 and there this DVD writer...
  8. DVD WRITER SAMSUNG SE-084 RECOGNIZED AS TSS CD/DVD BURNER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 s mode can't detect dvd player/writer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 s mode can't detect dvd player/writer: I have purchased HP stream 11 running on Windows 11 s mode, apparently it cannot detect my external dvd. I have checked from device manager but to no avail. Can anyone help to resolve this issue. TIA...
  10. Windows 11 s mode can't detect dvd player/writer

Windows 11 s mode can't detect dvd player/writer: I have purchased HP stream 11 running on Windows 11 s mode, apparently it cannot detect my external dvd. I have checked from device manager but to no avail. Can anyone help to resolve this issue. TIA...