Windows 10: DVDRW not found in Windows-10

Discus and support DVDRW not found in Windows-10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrade to the Final Released Windows-10 version (from Windows-7), my two DVD burners are not available for Burning tasks. They are both SATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeV, Aug 1, 2015.

1. MikeV Win User

DVDRW not found in Windows-10

Since upgrade to the Final Released Windows-10 version (from Windows-7), my two DVD burners are not available for Burning tasks. They are both SATA Optical. LG CH12LS28 & BH14NS40.
    They are listed in Device Manager, they are seen in Disk Management (as 'CD-ROM').
    They both Play DVD's ok.
    But various Burning software does not find them (eg, Nero-2015, CDBurnerXP).
    I'm Googlexhausted on this.

Anyone able to offer some suggestions ?

:)

MikeV, Aug 1, 2015

2. very very slow Right click in windows 10

Using method 1, I found that Windows 10 was mistaking a DVDRW with files from my DVD player, as a device. Obviously running itself ragged trying to find a "Driver" for It.

Removed the DVDRW and problem solved. Thank you very much.

Phil C

Philchambord, Aug 1, 2015
  3. GraceReis Win User
    Optiarc Dvdrw Ad-7580S not recognized as dvdrw after install of windows 10 on my acer aspire 7741

I installed windows 10, now my dvdrw drive went from that to just a cd rom drive,, I am running an Acer Aspire 7741Z and the dvdrw drive is Optiarc Dvdrw Ad-7580S , thank you for any help you can give.

GraceReis, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

DVDRW not found in Windows-10

1. DVDRW not found in Windows-10 - Similar Threads - DVDRW found

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Не работает DVDRW привод после установки очередной версии Windows 10 Домашняя в прошлом...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Не работает DVDRW привод после установки очередной версии Windows 10 Домашняя в прошлом...: После обновления виндус 10 доочередной версии 04.09.2020 года на моём ноутбуке перестал работать двд привод. После возврата на старуюверсию двд работал нормально. Меня уверили, что инженеры майкрософт в курсе проблемыи типа всё будет решено. И я решил снова установить новую...
  4. HL-DT-ST-DVDRW GS41N states that the the CDROM.SYS may be corrupted, How do I download a...

HL-DT-ST-DVDRW GS41N states that the the CDROM.SYS may be corrupted, How do I download a...: Trying to get my USB external DVD device HL-DT-ST-DVDRW GS41N to be recognised but it states that the the CDROM.SYS may be corrupted, How do I download a replacement file?...
  5. Code 45 cd-dvdrw not showing in device manager, but hidden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Code 45 cd-dvdrw not showing in device manager, but hidden: Windows version 1909 my cd & dvdrw aren't showing up in the device manager but they are hidden. all of the update are done. my rollback drivers is greyed out. OS build 18363.592 I have read thru some of the posts and it really isn't helping yet...
  6. after upgrading to windows 10 my dvdrw does not work anymore, is there a fix?

after upgrading to windows 10 my dvdrw does not work anymore, is there a fix?: dvdrw drive is empty, will not work, is not recognized. Is there a fix? Run is empty & can not get autorun to work & can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-windows-10-my-dvdrw-does-not/84496e4d-4b53-4ed3-a7ab-c9cf38dae24e
  7. Installed internal new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b notebook where can I download driver...

Installed internal new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b notebook where can I download driver...: Installed new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b where can I download driver free for it for it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-internal-new-dvdrw-drive-in-hp-probook/c664134e-6f7d-462a-a952-0c99863fa8a8
  8. Installed new DVDRW drive in hp probook how to activate it

Installed new DVDRW drive in hp probook how to activate it: Installed new DVDRW drive in hp probook 6475b. How do you activate it make the probook recognize it or add it to the computer, in drives devices whatever? Running Windows 10....
  9. DVDRW showing as CD-ROM in laptop not booting from disks

DVDRW showing as CD-ROM in laptop not booting from disks: I have a true image 2017 and just created a bootable DVD from within the program. I changed my PC to boot from DVDRW first and it works perfectly....however my laptop refuses to boot from the same disk(s) I have set the bios to boot from CD/DVD drive first and also...
  10. dvdrw no working

dvdrw no working: I have 2 DVD-RW drives in my tower, ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 they have not worked, I looked Device Manager and both are shown and it also says that the drivers are functioning properly,no problems found there. When there are no discs in them they show up in my PC,...